Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Extension

User Info Menu

Extension

Wife and I usually spend 4mo. ( Dec.-April) which means we have to go to Mo Bay since we are over 90 days and get an extension which is a pain and $200.00 US. I thought during these times it might be waived, if not only 90 days this trip. Anybody know anything about this. Thanks, One Love

User Info Menu

Re: Extension

surely you jest! Jamaica will never turn down the chance to make a dollar. I had an extension and stayed during the pandemic. I only needed
    2 extra weeks and took my extension to the date i had planned on leaving. When i needed to extend my extension, i thought they would just extend my current extension to the full 90 days. No, I had to get another extension for 90 days from my original departure date before my 1st extension. Lesson learned, when I get an extension, get it for the full 90 days regardless of when i am leaving. I book with southwest and can change my dates without penalty.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the reply. I thought maybe they might change it to avoid potential exposures. Going to Mo Bay is really crazy during this time . It's not the money. Do it online and collect the money. Oh well. 3 months instead of 4 this year. IRIE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 72 Orange View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I thought maybe they might change it to avoid potential exposures. Going to Mo Bay is really crazy during this time . It's not the money. Do it online and collect the money. Oh well. 3 months instead of 4 this year. IRIE
    Why 3 months instead of 4. Take a licensed red plate, properly sanitized taxi to MoBay. Practise social distancing, wear a mask and get the extension. Jamaica can use the extra support and the 90 day visitors visa is not a Jamaica money making thing. Every country in the world has limits on how long you can stay without applying to become a resident. As for the number 90 days instead of 6 months, I think that's a commonwealth Nations thing, I might be wrong.

User Info Menu

Browns-- You have valid point. I have a red plate driver so no problem there but if JA is anything like here(NYS not city) some people refuse to wear a mask and practice social distance. Will it be any different in JA. The last time I went to extend there were a lot people sitting in a fully enclosed room waiting and waiting. I hope the Jamaicans follow the rules better than here where people think they have a right to endanger other people. IRIE

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 72 Orange View Post
    Browns-- You have valid point. I have a red plate driver so no problem there but if JA is anything like here(NYS not city) some people refuse to wear a mask and practice social distance. Will it be any different in JA. The last time I went to extend there were a lot people sitting in a fully enclosed room waiting and waiting. I hope the Jamaicans follow the rules better than here where people think they have a right to endanger other people. IRIE
    72 Orange...it's completely different than when you've last visited immigration.
    They are super strict...everyone is masked, 6ft apart and just by the nature of the beast....there's not many people visiting immigration anyways.

And....now you can't go anyplace without a mask and hand sanitizing....many places will also temperature check.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 10-31-2020 at 12:39 PM.

User Info Menu

Bnewb, Well that is good news. Lets hope it stays that way and we can always stay longer if everything is good. Probably better than here. JA Bless

User Info Menu

And to be honest 72 Orange....I think I'd rather be in Negril right now than just about anywhere else in the world. Covid is on the decline in Jamica (but that could change in a heart beat). More important, open air, open windows, less contact, a Jamaican government that appears to be trying to make this work, and icy cold Red Stripe. Saw a tee shirt the other day that says it all;

Alcohol -(Noun) [al-kuh-hawl]
    def. The glue holding this 2020 $hitshow together

Here are the numbers as of yesteday;
    372 total cases in Hanover and Westmoreland Parishes and only 8 deaths. Way way beter numbers that just about anywhere in the USA or Canada.

I'm Negril bound and couldn't be happier. The airports wait time getting down there is another story.