Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Live music in Negril? Just returned

User Info Menu

Live music in Negril? Just returned

Greetings! The only live music we found was at Bourbon Beach (thanks for a the tip from a Forum thread). Live music on Weds and Sun. We arrived at about 5:30 and band played until about 7:30, DJ went on afterwards. Great band, small crowd, good vibes. Most of the beach and hotels/bars are empty, including all the bars, vendors, musicians, people! Miss Lily's was hopping, great DJ and cool decor (food, not so great!). Due to curfew, restaurants close about 8. Major construction on the road to the cliffs so lots of down time in the car. Ras Rody's (ital restaurant) is closed but Kool Vibes next door was open and delicious. Took a tour of a marajuana farm in Orange Hill, quite the experience (roads are rough getting there, but well worth it). Drove to Port Antonio for the first time. Wow, sorry it took so long for me to make this trip... quite extraordinary part of the country(although the drive getting there was hairy!) . Beautiful coves, cliffs, beaches and fauna. Great Huts hotel was amazing... like staying in an African jungle resort. Well worth a visit. Finally, the Corona screening at the airport is unbelievable. I must have had my temperature taken and my hands sanitized 5 times before leaving the airport and filling out forms and going from desk to desk. But in the end, all worth it to be back in my beloved Jamaica.

User Info Menu

Re: Live music in Negril? Just returned

Thanks for the trip report ! Sounds like a great adventure.