Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cancelled for December

User Info Menu

Cancelled for December

Well, we had to cancel for December. I am really glad we were able to make it down in March right before COVID locked down the world. I turn 50 in April, fingers crossed we can celebrate in Negril....

User Info Menu

Re: Cancelled for December

I feel your pain dude. I was able to find an affordable condo in St Thomas after I canceled my Nov/Dec trip... maybe you can do the same?

User Info Menu

Feel your Pain! First NewYears in over 20 years I won't be in Negril....... 2020 Sucks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    I feel your pain dude. I was able to find an affordable condo in St Thomas after I canceled my Nov/Dec trip... maybe you can do the same?
    Curious why you cancelled your Jamaica trip but are going to St. Thomas instead. We moved our May 2020 trip to mid-December. Still hoping to make it.

User Info Menu

One of the reasons we had to cancel was a 14 day state recommendation for quarantine on international travel. My workplace follows the state recommendations on travel. They also have the same 14 day quarantine in place with in country travel for locations with a 15% or greater positivity rate. While Puerto Rico and USVI are a part of the US for the work consideration they are viewed as international travel. Essentially to take a weeks vacation I would have to be out of work for 3 weeks and work would not allow that and honestly I was not ok to leave my co-workers holding the ball that long....

User Info Menu

Well now I had to cancel my last option, St Thomas, because of changes to the NYS Covid travel policies (you now have to take a covid test 3 days before arriving back in NYS, show the results at the airport when landing, then quarantine for 3 days, then take another covid test on the 4th day and then after negative results, assume normal life). I have a trip planned to Jamaica in Feb but it'll probably be canceled too at this point (I'll wait til late Jan to pull that trigger though). It's going to be a long cold winter in Buffalo....

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about all the cancellations! We are still on for our annual Christmas trip, fingers crossed. Every day that goes by, I believe it’s actually going to happen. But until wheels up, then I can let a deep breath out.
    Puerto Vallarta Jan 1999, Punta Cana 02, Ocho Rios 04, Cuba Breezes Jibacoa Jan 06, Mayan GORM Dec 06, Cozumel Grand Cozumel Jan 08, Mayan Akumal Beach Resort Jan 09, Negril Couples Negril Dec 09, Mayan ABR Oct 10/12/13/15, Negril CSA Dec 10/11/12/13/15/16/17/18/19/20/21/22

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eidu View Post
    Curious why you cancelled your Jamaica trip but are going to St. Thomas instead. We moved our May 2020 trip to mid-December. Still hoping to make it.
    Well at the time, I was maneuvering around the NYS covid travel rules. I canceled Jamaica cause it's one of the countries (level 2 or 3 by the state dept) that would force me to quarantine for 14 days upon return from vacation in NY (which my job doesn't allow). St Thomas is in a US territory which had great covid stats that would allow a trip (previously, if a US state or territory had a 7 day average of less than 10% infections per 100,000 people tested, you could travel there without requiring a quarantine upon return (which St thomas qualified for)). But now, NYS changed the covid travel requirements again this weekend where you must test 3 days before returning to NY (so I'd have to find a covid test in St Thomas before I returned that got me the results before I left the island), show your negative test at the airport, then quarantine for 3 more days, then take another covid test on the 4th day after return and after you get the negative result, resume normal life in NY. Again, this would conflict with my work schedule upon return to NY.

User Info Menu

We are planning to postpone our February trip. With cases blowing up and the possibility of having to quarantine for 14 days when we come home we thought it was best. I hope to go in the spring. Very sad.

User Info Menu

we have our annual trip planned feb 8 th. i remain optimistic.