Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cancelled for December

User Info Menu

Re: Cancelled for December

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Well at the time, I was maneuvering around the NYS covid travel rules. I canceled Jamaica cause it's one of the countries (level 2 or 3 by the state dept) that would force me to quarantine for 14 days upon return from vacation in NY (which my job doesn't allow). St Thomas is in a US territory which had great covid stats that would allow a trip (previously, if a US state or territory had a 7 day average of less than 10% infections per 100,000 people tested, you could travel there without requiring a quarantine upon return (which St thomas qualified for)). But now, NYS changed the covid travel requirements again this weekend where you must test 3 days before returning to NY (so I'd have to find a covid test in St Thomas before I returned that got me the results before I left the island), show your negative test at the airport, then quarantine for 3 more days, then take another covid test on the 4th day after return and after you get the negative result, resume normal life in NY. Again, this would conflict with my work schedule upon return to NY.
    Makes sense. Illinois does not currently have any statewide travel restrictions and I don't live inside Chicago city limits. I work in the city but luckily am working from home at least through 3/31/2021. Even if I did have to quarantine, it wouldn't be that difficult for me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    we have our annual trip planned feb 8 th. i remain optimistic.
    I'm scheduled to be there Feb 6th... mutual fingers are crossed!!!!!

User Info Menu

Scheduled for Feb. 2nd here I am hoping things work out

Bless

Bikedmike

User Info Menu

We have gone back and forth so many times, but yesterday we booked our flights. The prices were really good on American. I prefer Southwest but American was $300 less per person. Hopefully we will be able to travel.

User Info Menu

We are now looking at options in either February or March. I turn 50 in April but due to my gf's work schedule that won't work so we will be there a little early.