Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: ~~ Sweetness Trip Reports - More this and that

User Info Menu

Cool ~~ Sweetness Trip Reports - More this and that

....OK no more Part 2 Vol 4 stuff....can't keep up (lol).....

Didn't feel like cooking tonight and coming back from town didn't want to stop anywhere....jus wanted to get back to Westender so had dinner in the restaraunt again. It was WONDERFUL. Appetizer: Conch Cake w/Remolaude, Salad, Teriyaki Fry Chicken w/Rice and Peas and veg. Outstanding.
    Rusty the orange kitty and my new friend from round the yard Z joined me.

Belly full, peaceful feelin, sunset gorgeous, nice mellow music and then ...... here comes a herd of cattle runnin down the road past the gates - one stop and look at us and we all say GWAAN - like 15 cows man and no one tending them just runnin round. Laughed so hard......always exciting in Jamaica.

Name:  019.JPG
Views: 369
Size:  90.7 KB
    Name:  028.JPG
Views: 353
Size:  72.9 KB
    Name:  025.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  47.5 KB
    Name:  027.JPG
Views: 356
Size:  96.8 KB
    Name:  031.JPG
Views: 326
Size:  89.9 KB
    Name:  033.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  50.1 KB
    Name:  041.JPG
Views: 334
Size:  79.9 KB
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Hahahahaha....great stuff sweetness! so glad you had the camera

User Info Menu

...maybe the kitty should be named Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz (lol).....told the chef "Strut" now he is jus showing off!!!!! Young chef Bryan made the curry shrimp other day - I am so impressed with the love and creativity. Oh and it tastes oh so good. The remolaude had pickled ginger in it.....so fresh tasting.
    I encourage you guys to take a ride out to Westender sometime and have some food, swim and tour the place. Super nice people here.
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Sweetness....you have definitely convinced me (wasn't that hard) to come check out Westender and have some food on our next visit. The food looks incredible! Conch Cake! Yum, that sounds AND looks so good!
    And that little kitty is just too cute!
    Glad you are enjoying yourself, it definitely shows!

User Info Menu

nice Sweetness! food looks great! love the pic of the sky after the setting sun! can't wait to see it in person...soon come! 28 more sleeps!

User Info Menu

great presentation on da food mon..........nice sunset.......
    Enjoying da reports!

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Marko...took the words right out of mi mouth!! It's been about 2 years since I have eaten at Westender and spent time there. It was quite nice then, but it looks like things have really improved even more. Yes, the presentation was truly impressive!! I definitely plan to head down in December!! I also want to see the new areas built. I am so ready and each of Sweetness's posts make me fell it even more.

User Info Menu

Sweetness,

My last trip in November 2009, on the flight home I sat next to the sister of the owner of the Westender. She was there with her husband and they flew to North Carolina.

User Info Menu

It looks like they have taken the food to another level!

We've stayed there twice and the food was fine....but this looks super!! In a letter to the manager, I told them that, with a little work, they could make the food a destination place -- just kick it up a bit - more of a fusion with an "island flair" is what I said, well....it looks (and sounds) like they are working hard. Those plates looked wonderful. It looks like the Westender has another convert, eh Sweetness. I totally identified when you said you just wanted to get home to the Westender...that is how we felt every day. We loved getting out for a few hours but we couldn't wait to get home. What room did you stay in... We always stayed upstairs in the log house on the corner with the balcony overlooking the cove...I have seen a few other rooms but am always interested in hearing about other rooms. Our room had the kitchenette and we requested a hot plate besides the toaster oven and the microwaves (in fact instead of the microwave) Having a full sized fridge really helped because we would buy fruit and vegies from the woman who shows up a few times a week. Can't wait....