Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Sea Splash Resort

User Info Menu

Sea Splash Resort

Question for all the boardies

Going back about 8 years
    What ever happened to Sea Splash Resort?
    I remember that there was some legal issues and ownership issues back in the day
    What is the name of the property and who took it over?
    I loved the location
    Let me know your thoughts

Negrilbound

User Info Menu

Re: Sea Splash Resort

It is now called The Yard Beach House. I have not been there since it has changed owners so I can't tell you how it is now.

User Info Menu

About 10 years ago or so we met a gent from Chicago had purchased Norma's restaurant and Bar. He was in the process of sticking a bunch of money into fixing up those areas and seemed to be throwing his money around (luckily for us) at the bar. By the next year he was out of the picture as he supposedly did not acquire "proper title" to the property and the "rightful owner" came back to re-claim the property. Maybe Rob has more insight.

User Info Menu

It is now owned ( or leased? ) by a group of Canadians.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Oil View Post
    About 10 years ago or so we met a gent from Chicago had purchased Norma's restaurant and Bar. He was in the process of sticking a bunch of money into fixing up those areas and seemed to be throwing his money around (luckily for us) at the bar. By the next year he was out of the picture as he supposedly did not acquire "proper title" to the property and the "rightful owner" came back to re-claim the property. Maybe Rob has more insight.
    It's a long, convoluted story.
    That gentleman you're referring & his partner were on a lease to own contract for the whole property and simply put...it didn't work out.
    Jim passed away a few years ago.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rasta Animal View Post
    It is now owned ( or leased? ) by a group of Canadians.
    That must be recent?
    I thought Kinstonians were running the place. 🤷

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    It's a long, convoluted story.
    That gentleman you're referring & his partner were on a lease to own contract for the whole property and simply put...it didn't work out.
    Jim passed away a few years ago.
    As Paul Harvey often said ........ and now you have the rest of the story ............ Thanks