Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Authorization

User Info Menu

Re: Authorization

Kwizz,
    Unfortunately Jamaica doesn’t approve your test before you travel. It will be checked at the airport when you check in which is of course is too late if it’s wrong. There is a form to ask specific questions on the main visitjamaica.com page. There is also a link to check whether the lab is CLIA certified (accepted). We worked with our doctors to verify that certification before we were tested. What you want is a negative (not detected) PCR test from a CLIA CERTIFIED lab. Finding an Antigen test from a certified lab was not an option where we live. Our doctors were invaluable in figuring out what to do. I know how stressful this can be but I’m sure it that stress will melt away when we walk out of the airport into that glorious hot air tomorrow!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Ken should be able to ask if the name of testing laboratory is satisfactory and if the laboratory credentials being (CLIA, ISO 15189) certified is sufficient. The form is there to assist our visitors.

Rumlover is correct that the airlines have the final approval. But contacting the JTB by the form cannot hurt.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob...... I really needed someone smarter than me to get me going in the right direction........ My information I received from the Test said "Not Detected" ........ Just got back from the Doctors office getting the paperwork straightened out to say Negative (I Hope !!!)
    ....... Thanks for everyone's help here !!!!!!.......

User Info Menu

Just got a response from the visit Jamaica site and they responded that "Not Detected" is the same as Negative...... It's getting simpler !!!!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kwhizz View Post
    Just got a response from the visit Jamaica site and they responded that "Not Detected" is the same as Negative...... It's getting simpler !!!!
    Told ya..... LOL

See you soon!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!