Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Authorization

User Info Menu

Authorization

Just did our authorizations to travel to Jamaica and when submitted was approved right then.Fast and easy as could be and now we have to just face the Atlanta airport and we will see all your smiling Faces on Thursday afternoon!! Have a fantastic day!
    Lisa,how do we dance a covid dance??

User Info Menu

Re: Authorization

Covid dance = 2m or 6ft apart Darlin'!
    💃🕺
    Cya both soon!!

User Info Menu

We can pull it off,have a fabulous week!!!

User Info Menu

Forgot to mention there was nothing about the new insurance on the authorizations.

User Info Menu

How soon before our trip can we complete our travel authorizations?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RyanP View Post
    How soon before our trip can we complete our travel authorizations?
    No earlier than 5 days...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

We went to a Hospital for our Covid tests and have negative results....... We are arriving on Dec 1st...... With all the confusion about the types of test accepted...... Is there a contact in Jamaica I could email this to see if it is acceptable instead of waiting till the last minute

Thanks Ken

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kwhizz View Post
    We went to a Hospital for our Covid tests and have negative results....... We are arriving on Dec 1st...... With all the confusion about the types of test accepted...... Is there a contact in Jamaica I could email this to see if it is acceptable instead of waiting till the last minute

Thanks Ken
    From the JTB VisitJamaica.com site:

https://www.visitjamaica.com/travela...tion/test-req/

COVID-19 Test Requirements

NOTE: The information on this page applies only to residents of the United States of America (USA), Brazil, Dominican Republic, Mexico or Panama.

All residents of USA, Brazil, Dominican Republic, Mexico or Panama who are 12 years of age or over, are required to obtain a negative COVID-19 PCR or Antigen test result before travel to Jamaica. The test must be authorized by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) or meet the standards of the World Health Organization (WHO), and must be performed by a College of American Pathologists (CAP) accredited, Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) registered or ISO 15189 certified laboratory. The date of the sample collection must be less than 10 days before the date of travel. The negative test result must be presented to the airline representative in order to complete the check in for a flight.

Accepted Test Types

• A Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction Test (RT-PCR)
    • A Nucleic Acid Amplification test (NAA)
    • An RNA or molecular test
    • An Antigen test

​Note:

• Only results from oropharyngeal and nasopharyngeal samples will be accepted for PCR tests
    • Only results from nasopharyngeal samples will be accepted for Antigen tests
    • Antibody tests will NOT be accepted
    • Results from home-based test kits will NOT be accepted

Test Validity Period

• The date of the sample collection must be less than 10 days from the date of travel to Jamaica
    • Example: For a travel date of October 20, the earliest the test sample may be collected is October 11.
    • To determine your earliest test date, use the Test Date Calculator.

Laboratory Requirements

The test must be conducted by a medical laboratory with either of the following credentials:

• Accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP)
    • Registered by the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)
    • ISO 15189 certification

Test Result Sheet Requirements

Ideally, the test result sheet should display the following information:

• Name of individual tested (must be same on application and lab test result)
    • Date of birth of individual tested (must be same on application and lab test result)
    • Name of testing laboratory
    • Indication of laboratory credentials (CLIA, ISO 15189)
    • Date of sample collection
    • Type of test
    • Type of sample
    • Test result

If you still want to contact the JTB about whether the tests are acceptable, you can contact the JTB with any questions at the bottom of the following link that says:

Need Support?

(NOTE: Queries and support for RESIDENT applications should be directed to support-jamcovid19@moh.gov.jm or 888-786-2703)
    Non-Resident Support Request Form

This is NOT a Travel Authorization application form

https://www.visitjamaica.com/travelauthorization/

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob........ It's hard for the normal person to understand all that jibberish....... I just wanted to know if there was a site I could forward the info I received to see if it will be accepted........

Thanks for your Help in trying to help out with all this stuff

I tried sending it to visit jamaica but it won't let emails go thru...... or my info as it is only active 5 days before travel...... don't want to be surprised at the last minute

Ken
    Last edited by kwhizz; 11-24-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kwhizz View Post
    Thanks Rob........ It's hard for the normal person to understand all that jibberish....... I just wanted to know if there was a site I could forward the info I received to see if it will be accepted........

Thanks for your Help in trying to help out with all this stuff

I tried sending it to visit jamaica but it won't let emails go thru...... or my info as it is only active 5 days before travel...... don't want to be surprised at the last minute

Ken
    Ken,

It is not an email that you should be sending, but the Form at the bottom of the page at this link:

https://www.visitjamaica.com/travelauthorization/

Here is what it looks like:

Name:  Screenshot_20201124-110326_Chrome.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  226.5 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20201124-110350_Chrome.jpg
Views: 608
Size:  228.5 KB

Ask your questions with as much detail as possible. They will respond.