Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: posting on this board

User Info Menu

posting on this board

Guys this board is a public forum which anybody can read, including people who work at airports in the UK I also know that people who work at MBJ and KIN also visit here, these people and I do talk and sometimes meet for a beer or few, if we happen to be in the same town, It puts us in a very difficult position if we see posts about breaking or by-passing the rules on here, as we have to decide, if to let it go or report it. Its not so bad for me as my job is security of the planes and passengers boarding them, But my mate in MBJ works in customs and he has to tread a fine line between enjoying this board and web casts and upsetting people because he came across info about someone who is about to break the law.

Now that I've got of my chest i return you to your normal service
    Last edited by airportworker; 11-26-2011 at 04:42 AM. Reason: spelling uk style

User Info Menu

Sometimes we get paid to do our jobs even though they are not the popular thing for the masses..we have to , if we cannot do what we are hired to do then we need to get a different job ..
    Rules are rules and laws are laws and sometimes people roll the dice but need to put on their big boy or girl panties and if they are caught man up and take the consequences... No diffrent than speeding and not getting a ticket...then getting one and hating the cop that gave it to you ..Its all good airport worker...If some get mad well...they might not invite you to dinner....me...I would

User Info Menu

APW... it'd be great if you'd put in a good word for those of us who come for long stays w/ suitcases full of bathing suits, beach towels, books (no more - got a Kindle), lemonade mix, enough toiletries to last, etc. We're coming for a long stay to rest & relax. It's no fun when the customs folks, usually females (99% of the time), insist because you have a long stay/visit regularly, you ARE - not might be - but ARE bringing things for your Jamaican BF. Don't have one, not bringing any stuff for a non-existent BF. I'm nice as can be, polite, but always holding my breath for the women agents to pull me aside & go through my stuff. They seem to stake out luggage w/ names of women & pull them aside while we're stuck in immigration. Might be nice if they backed off a bit. I get over it quickly when it happens but it's not a nice "welcome to Jamaica" to be called a liar & interrogated/repeatedly questioned when they don't get the answer they want. Some of us are telling the truth.
    Last edited by Yvonne; 11-26-2011 at 11:54 AM.

User Info Menu

Yvonne its been noted, trouble is you know what females are like when they get an idea in their heads