Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Jamaica risk assessment

User Info Menu

Jamaica risk assessment

The CDC has raised Jamaica's risk assessment to "level 4 Covid Very High" category warning Americans to avoid all travel to the country.
    Your travel insurance may not cover Covid related claims.

User Info Menu

Re: Jamaica risk assessment

Quote Originally Posted by airswift View Post
    The CDC has raised Jamaica's risk assessment to "level 4 Covid Very High" category warning Americans to avoid all travel to the country.
    Your travel insurance may not cover Covid related claims.
    Just the most recent example of the "Jackass seh de worl no level" or, as Peter Tosh said, "... if you live in a glasshouse, don't throw stones and if you can't take blows brother, don't throw blows."
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Just the facts.....

Jamaica has a Covid mortality rate of 82 per one million population.

The USA, which lists Jamaica as a place not to travel has a Covid mortality rate of 802 per one million population.

Ten times the number of people are dying from Covid in the USA per million than in Jamaica.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Accompong View Post
    Just the most recent example of the "Jackass seh de worl no level" or, as Peter Tosh said, "... if you live in a glasshouse, don't throw stones and if you can't take blows brother, don't throw blows."

User Info Menu

I smell politics... I live in Erie county, NY where yesterday they reported 685 new cases for a population of .9 million people. Mean while, in Jamaica, a population of 2.9 million, last reported 44 new cases in the whole country. If anything, Jamaica should be reduced to a level 2 country... Crazy

User Info Menu

I am glad that the CDC is trying to protect Jamaica

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cdrdrdr View Post
    I am glad that the CDC is trying to protect Jamaica
    The CDC Level 4 wording is doing exactly the opposite. The damage their classification is doing to the economy is worse than Covid itself. The entire parish of Westmoreland, where Negril is located on the western most edge had a "spike" of 3 new cases yesterday.

Seems that this US Agency has an agenda, and protecting Jamaicans is not one of them...

If your comment was meant to sarcastic, then LOL!!!!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!