Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: More COVID/Resilient Corridor Questions...

User Info Menu

More COVID/Resilient Corridor Questions...

We are planning to visit at the end of the year, and thinking of more questions as the trip gets closer...

We are planning to rent a car this time. I assume that the area along the coast from MBJ to Negril is within the resilient corridor and we are allowed to rent the car and make that drive?

I don't know if there is anything that we need to check with our hotel about before arrival. It is a well known hotel on the beach in Negril, and whatever COVID certification they need, I'm sure they have it.

Once we arrive at our hotel, are we allowed to travel as we wish anywhere along the beach and cliffs in Negril, whether walking or driving?

I haven't seen a map of the resilient corridor. Is a map actually posted anywhere?

User Info Menu

Re: More COVID/Resilient Corridor Questions...

Ryan,
    go to visitjamaica.com to view the protocols AND a map of the corridor.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RyanP View Post
    We are planning to visit at the end of the year, and thinking of more questions as the trip gets closer...

We are planning to rent a car this time. I assume that the area along the coast from MBJ to Negril is within the resilient corridor and we are allowed to rent the car and make that drive?

I don't know if there is anything that we need to check with our hotel about before arrival. It is a well known hotel on the beach in Negril, and whatever COVID certification they need, I'm sure they have it.

Once we arrive at our hotel, are we allowed to travel as we wish anywhere along the beach and cliffs in Negril, whether walking or driving?

I haven't seen a map of the resilient corridor. Is a map actually posted anywhere?
    Ryan,

We all know what ASSUME implies. Do not assume your property is compliant, please check it out first. The list of Covid Certified properties is listed at this link:

https://www.visitjamaica.com/travelauthorization/

The Covid Resilient Corridor is rather large, and even encompasses some places not explicitly listed, but they are Covid compliant nevertheless. For instance Somewhere West is not explicitly in the Corridor, but is approved as a place to stay. Do not rely solely on the exact wording. But that being said, do not stray from the basic rules of the Corridor, it is for everyone's safety.

The general Covid Resilient maps can be found at the link below:

https://www.visitjamaica.com/travela...ent-corridors/

You can rent vehicles as long as you stay within the Corridor. There is even one listed as an approved Transportation operator on the link below:

https://www.visitjamaica.com/travelauthorization/

See you soon!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks, Rob! I checked the visitjamaica website and found where our hotel is listed. The wording for COVID restrictions for tourists on the website is somewhat concerning, I will admit.

Administrator

User Info Menu

This meant to be a "fluid" set of regulations and it can be confusing at times. Covid is an ever changing situation and the regulations are meant to strike a balance between saving lives and saving livelihoods. Both are equally important. If you keep that in mind it may be less confusing...

User Info Menu

What are the masking requirements in Negril? Is masking only required inside of businesses? Within 6 feet of anyone else? Anytime you are outside of your dwelling?

Also, is HiLo or the other markets considered an "attraction"? Are tourists allowed to visit those businesses?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RyanP View Post
    What are the masking requirements in Negril? Is masking only required inside of businesses? Within 6 feet of anyone else? Anytime you are outside of your dwelling?

Also, is HiLo or the other markets considered an "attraction"? Are tourists allowed to visit those businesses?
    Wear a mask. It will be obvious once you arrive. Strolling a deserted beach, no, but any place that you have a chance to be near people, wear a mask.

HiLo is not considered an attraction, it is a supermarket. You are allowed to buy food. But DO NOT take public transportation, take the JTB certified transportation.

This is truly all common sense precautions, if a business is open AND in the Covid Resilient Corridor, you are allowed to enter as long as you mask, sanitize and follow the Covid protocols.