Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cab fares

User Info Menu

we pay abt 800 ja for 2 people,soon come

User Info Menu

I have a question... I always see comments such as 'always negotiate before you get in the cab'. I prefer the get in, look them in the eye & head nod method; like you already know what its going to cost; then you give them what you feel/know it costs followed by another 'respect nod'. Never any issues. Has anyone out ever run into a situation where the cab tried to charge more once you get there? Just wondering why people always say negotiate first. thanks

User Info Menu

I have had a route cab driver attempt to negotiate the fare while we were riding, and express disappointment when I told him I was only paying the route cab fare plus tip ($150J total). I have also had people in my party ask to be dropped off at the grocery store and then end up with an unpleasant scene because the driver wanted extra money for leaving the route (like, by 30 yards). Neither was a big deal - in the second case, they ended up giving him $5. US for 2 people from Alfred's to the Value Master grocery store at the roundabout - but still, knowing the arrangements in advance can avoid unpleasantness or feeling cheated. You need to know that if the driver asks where you are going and offers to take you there, you need to negotiate the fare, not wait until you are there and find out that he expects to be paid extra.
    Last edited by wrtiii; 12-03-2011 at 11:21 AM.