Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Rules around locals visiting non-residents staying within the corridor

User Info Menu

Rules around locals visiting non-residents staying within the corridor

Hey Rob

For Jamaicans visiting from the US are there still options for them to see their family and friends within the resilient corridor? So if our family stays at Westender can our friends and family from Orange Hill visit us? We were originally supposed to go in September but postponed till February 17th. Praying there is a vaccine by then...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Rules around locals visiting non-residents staying within the corridor

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    Hey Rob

For Jamaicans visiting from the US are there still options for them to see their family and friends within the resilient corridor? So if our family stays at Westender can our friends and family from Orange Hill visit us? We were originally supposed to go in September but postponed till February 17th. Praying there is a vaccine by then...
    If the Westender allows guests, then of course they are allowed to visit. Check with the Westender on their policies.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks I wasn’t sure if there were specific rules or efforts to limit co-mingling of residents and foreigners.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Thanks I wasn’t sure if there were specific rules or efforts to limit co-mingling of residents and foreigners.
    The Covid Resilient Corridor is designed to limit the contact between the general population and our visitors. The Covid certified properties have measures in place that are not required in homes.

The staff has been trained to minimize the risks which is also not something that you would find in the average household.

The efforts taken by the government to minimize the risks are why the system has been working so well.

User Info Menu

Just sucks for Jamaicans wanting to visit their homes and quarantining the whole family for 14 days is not an option. I appreciate the reason behind the rules and we’ll do what’s needed and stay in the corridor.

User Info Menu

Hey Rob

For Jamaicans visiting from the US are there still options for them to see their family and friends within the resilient corridor? So if our family stays at Westender can our friends and family from Orange Hill visit us?
    https://www.visitjamaica.com/travela...ent-corridors/

The way I read this, everything from the main road south to the coast is in the south coast resilient corridor including Orange Hill.

" Travel north along Darling Street to the Llandilo Main Road (A2). Continue along to Little London through New Hope, Sheffield to Nonpareil Main Road. Continue to the roundabout at the intersection with Norman Manley Boulevard in Negril and intersects with the area described in Part I.The boundary only takes into consideration the main road to the sea shore. "

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rasta Animal View Post
    https://www.visitjamaica.com/travela...ent-corridors/

The way I read this, everything from the main road south to the coast is in the south coast resilient corridor including Orange Hill.

" Travel north along Darling Street to the Llandilo Main Road (A2). Continue along to Little London through New Hope, Sheffield to Nonpareil Main Road. Continue to the roundabout at the intersection with Norman Manley Boulevard in Negril and intersects with the area described in Part I.The boundary only takes into consideration the main road to the sea shore. "

But residents homes are not businesses or approved Covid Resilient properties, so you should not visit them there unless you quarantine the whole family for 14 days.