Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best way to send $$$ to someone in Negril

User Info Menu

Best way to send $$$ to someone in Negril

What is the best method to send money to someone in Negril
    We have canceld our January trip for first in many many years
    We will be back next January for my 70th
    Want to send some $$$ to our house keeper at Idle Awhile who we have know for at least 15 years
    We know with COVID-19 that she could do with our regulart tip
    https://www.tickerfactory.com]

User Info Menu

Re: Best way to send $$$ to someone in Negril

Have you inquired of Idle Awhile to see whether they are willing to assist? Assuming she's currently working there, it should be simple for them to do a credit card charge for you and give her the net amount.

User Info Menu

We used western union for staff at a villa we rent - I contacted both staff members directly (I keep in touch with them anyway) and that was their preferred method. I did not want to contact the management company to charge it - I just preferred to keep the gift and amount between me and the staff.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rumghoul View Post
    We used western union for staff at a villa we rent - I contacted both staff members directly (I keep in touch with them anyway) and that was their preferred method. I did not want to contact the management company to charge it - I just preferred to keep the gift and amount between me and the staff.
    Good advice. You don't know for sure if the girl is still working there. You need some form of verification at that end.

User Info Menu

I have used WU a few times and it has worked great. Just make sure the person you are sending it to is aware its coming so they can pick it up with proper ID. If I send money right now using my credit card it will be at the Negril WU in a mater of minutes and ready for pickup.

User Info Menu

WU refused to send my money to my driver in Negril. Took me another day to get my cash back. I ended up using Money Gram. WU said to many scams I told them we have a 5 year friendship and we wanted to send him a dep. And they refused.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Celinda View Post
    WU refused to send my money to my driver in Negril. Took me another day to get my cash back. I ended up using Money Gram. WU said to many scams I told them we have a 5 year friendship and we wanted to send him a dep. And they refused.
    WU was right.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by airswift View Post
    WU was right.
    WU was right now only because they have been so wrong in the past. Their past record of allowing scam payments is pitiful.

Xoom is another option to check out. Both MoneyGram and Xoom have much better policies in place.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Celinda View Post
    WU refused to send my money to my driver in Negril. Took me another day to get my cash back. I ended up using Money Gram.
    The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. In my case it was a friend who I have known for over 30 years and have sent money to many times. WU refused to give him the cash and then took over a month to return my money.

Since then I won't go near Western Union. I only use MoneyGram now. It is easy, fast, reliable and cheaper than WU.

User Info Menu

We've used Western Union 3 or 4 times this year. The first time, our friend had to call my husband to get them to release the funds but no problems besides that.