Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I miss you all ...

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone! I found it was the reports that made it harder not easier lol But with the rush and excitment of Christmas fastly approaching I'm finding it easier to focus on things and get through it. It definitely is a nice bonus to have a board like this to come back to and get a fix by vicariously living through someone elses experience

Brasi you are too kind

User Info Menu

I think you should listen to Brasi..<wink>.... I know its hard.. I always plan my next trip as soon as I get back... that way I have something to look forward to... it does get easier. There is no doubt that you had an amazing trip... embrace those memories and let them be the push to return to jamrock.. Take care Manda81... maybe we'll see ya on da rock.
    Jamaica Bound!

User Info Menu

It's so great to see an update from you! You've been missed Manda!

I'm sorry to hear you've been having a stressful month, I just wanted to say that I completely relate to the feelings you described. I'm going through Post-Negril Syndrome too – even WORSE than I had after my first trip. I didn't think that was possible.

Markus left for a one month business trip 2 days after our vacation, so I've been sitting alone in the empty apartment looking at the pictures of us together in Negril and feeling such a longing to go back + missing/worrying about him on top of it. It can be unbearable and so depressing! Dramatic? Sure whatever, We can be dramatic about it together because I know where you're coming from!

I also thought that taking a hiatus from Negril.com for a while would help. I stayed away for about a week and focused on other things... but of course, I couldn't resist the pull and logged on again tonight just to see what everyone's been up to.

I don't have a countdown ticker yet for the next reach either, so I'm on that same boat w/you. Isn't it funny how your mood changes once you have those airline tickets in your hand?

Also I agree that the holidays provide a welcome distraction from PNS, I just returned from a trip to see my family for thanksgiving, that helped.

Keep putting away money for your next trip and saving up those vacation days. I will too! You know we can do this! And who knows? Maybe we'll be seeing each other in JA sometime in the not too distant future!

Keep your spirits up, Manda and keep us posted on how you're doing! I'm sending positive vibes your way!
    Last edited by Clarity; 11-29-2011 at 02:37 AM.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Clarity thank so much you are such a sweet heart and it looks as if you know what I was going through.. you are right with all the family get togethers for the holidays it really helps you to keep your mind off of things It's raining and gloomy here in Toronto today.. it's these days that make it harder I guess. With a bad month ending I just felt like I needed a vacation and not being able to go when I so desperately could have used it was hard to handle. Thanks for your encouragement and kind words. The people on this board never fail to amaze me with their kindness.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post

I also thought that taking a hiatus from Negril.com for a while would help. I stayed away for about a week and focused on other things...
    A week off? Clarity, don't you have a trip report to finish????

User Info Menu

haha i was thinkin the same thing

Manda, I got it bad too girl...and dont see a trip anywhere in the near future lol
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Tizzy and Manda - We should start a "No Countdown ticker to Negril yet" support group. lol
    It's a hard knock life.. for us....

...and I know what you mean about the weather! It's rainy, cold and gloomy today here in SF. I can't even see anything through the thick fog.

Shush now Gerryg123, Can't you see that we're suffering here? We are IN the bell jar.

haha, Yes, I know I haven't forgotten. My other half is missing...I can't do it without him.
    Markus will be returning from Germany next week. The virus that caused his ear infection has spread to his lungs. He has acute bronchitis. I'm really worried about him. The TR has been put on the back burner until he recovers and returns to the states.
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    My other half is missing...I can't do it without him.(
    we will settle for a new installment from Jamar .....

User Info Menu

My name is Tizzy and I'm a negrilaholic with no ticker

lol
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

the most depressing thing is that our tickers are ticking how long it's BEEN since we were in Negril. Ugh! It just keeps getting farther and farther away where everyone elses is clicking towards their return lol

Clarity it certainly is a hard knock life for us lol

GerryG don't be selfish we are suffering!!! lol