Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Covid test

User Info Menu

Re: Covid test

We arrived Sunday. They barely even looked at our tests at the Delta terminal and they didn't look at it at all in MBJ. They did however look for the signature on the Form C that you will print with your authorization. They asked to see it, but it was a quick glance at best.
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregandkelly63 View Post
    We arrived Sunday. They barely even looked at our tests at the Delta terminal and they didn't look at it at all in MBJ. They did however look for the signature on the Form C that you will print with your authorization. They asked to see it, but it was a quick glance at best.
    Can you let me know if your test indicated the CLIA number of the testing laboratory or if the laboratory is ISO 15189? Having real problems finding a testing site that provides a report with that info included on the results sheet.

User Info Menu

Yes the CLIA number is in the letterhead of the test result
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RyanP View Post
    I'm starting to look into this. The testing centers in the State of Georgia do not list the lab certification on the results. The COVID testing help line didn't even know what I was talking about when I asked about these lab certifications. The best we might be able to do is have the testing laboratory shown on the results form and then have a separate document showing that lab is certified.
    when I contacted the lab I would use they had no idea what a CLIA number was or if they were certified, they did take the time to research and verify for me. and also let me know to request an email copy since the one invited for mobile phone would not give all the info. so I would call all the labs in your area and ask. or I know a lab in michigan if you wanna drive here. its definitely anxiety provoking!

User Info Menu

having a difficult time searching for a CLIA lab near me in zip 37615. i get to the cdc web site but can't see a spot to search ? any suggestions ? thank you

User Info Menu

I predict next year at this time we won’t need a COVID test just proof of vaccination. That’s when travel will begin to have some semblance of normalcy.

User Info Menu

Agreed Rumlover..I am trying to figure out my test options and making sure the test has all of the right things on it...but it will work out!

User Info Menu

original spanky,
    Most CVS and Walgreens pharmacies use Quest Labs. In my case, CVS used a "partner lab". I contacted a CVS patient advocate for my full report and had it in my inbox in about 5 minutes.
    In my case, CVS used Temple Labs in Chicago.

You do not have to test at a lab, you just need to know who (what lab) processed the test.
    Last edited by jamaicajeanne; 12-10-2020 at 05:32 PM.

User Info Menu

Hi,
    CILIA is an acronym for Clinical Laboratory Improvrment Amendmemts. CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) requires this as a national standard of care.
    There are so many different Covid tests coming out...
    The gold standard is the RT-PCR as this test is the most accurate in determining positivity.
    My clinical opinion, as a nurse of 30 years, is that a lot of these rapid tests out there, currently, are not so great. Error rates around 38-42 percent, based on my research, at least for now. I hope this gets better.
    In my opinion only, prior to flying, the only way any test is any good, is if you take it prior to travel and never leave home after and then do not breathe at all!
    I just got back from French Polynesia with many protocols before and mandatory testing on day 4; a waste of time, money, resources; as is a covid test 10 days out.
    Masking, hand washing, social distancing, quarantine prior to travel and after is key.
    Prayers and fingers crossed that my Feb trip happens!
    Numbers up in Jam like everywhere. We all need to just be personally responsible!
    I hope my plans turn out. I miss Negril and my guy so much. Feb trip will be a year. It's time! We can all do new normal!

User Info Menu

Sorry, forgot this part while I was on my bandwagon! Most well-known labs (where your doctor send you or sends your blood to) are CLIA certified. I would suggest you make sure you are getting the RT-PCR test. However, I do find this a waste since you can catch it while you are out getting tested. BUT wherever it takes to get back to Negril, totally worth it!