Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Covid test

User Info Menu

Covid test

this whole covid test stuff is giving me anxiety 😫 the results don't appear to show lab info and credentials. just the name birthday and test results. anybody have suggestions on how to go about making sure the lab info and credentials are included? I

User Info Menu

Re: Covid test

I felt your pain and will again in a few weeks. There is a link on VisitJamaica.com to find a CLIA LAB NEAR YOU. Try entering the name of the lab and location. If it’s listed it will show the CLIA number, print it and attach to the results. There is also a help/questions link at VisitJamaica.com. They were very helpful to us when our travel authorization didn’t come through. It is all worth it when you get there!!

User Info Menu

ok, we do know that it is CLIA certified and I believe it has a number next it on the list. so just having that verification works?and I'm guessing also printing test results along with having them available on your phone is ideal? I would be so disappointed to be turned away at the airport ��

User Info Menu

Use the visit Jamaica.com Non-resident Support Request Form and ask if this will satisfy the entry requirement. Then print their response and take it to the airport with you. The airline is the first to see it and would be the first to accept or reject it. When you arrive in MoBay your first stop is health screening and they will look over the test results for all pertinent information. Once you make it through health screening it’s business as usual.

User Info Menu

In the US, can you get a test in a border state that you are not a resident of and bring that? I am assuming that would be ok as long as it has all the requirements? I can't find anything addressing that.

User Info Menu

I emailed the visit jamaica site, they say that the name of the lab and the credentials need to be on test form. guess I will have to call around and see if that is possible from the lab. anybody else have trouble with this or arrived with different documentation.

User Info Menu

I'm starting to look into this. The testing centers in the State of Georgia do not list the lab certification on the results. The COVID testing help line didn't even know what I was talking about when I asked about these lab certifications. The best we might be able to do is have the testing laboratory shown on the results form and then have a separate document showing that lab is certified.

User Info Menu

yeah, its frustrating. thats why I was hoping someone had insight on what they did.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RyanP View Post
    I'm starting to look into this. The testing centers in the State of Georgia do not list the lab certification on the results. The COVID testing help line didn't even know what I was talking about when I asked about these lab certifications. The best we might be able to do is have the testing laboratory shown on the results form and then have a separate document showing that lab is certified.
    good news. I called the lab I planned on using, they advised me to request an email also, which comes its letter head and in fine print the lab credentials, they even went as far as looking up a random result to verify it all showed up. what a relief! hoping to spend new years on the beach!

User Info Menu

I am hoping Jamaica will decide to accept the new home PCR test that has just received FDA emergency authorization. For anyone follow following this thread planning future travel I recommend going through your own doctor to schedule a test. We gave them all the requirements and they found us the appropriate testing site and lab. Our health department couldn’t tell us if the lab they would send our sample to would have the correct certification. Our health insurance covered 100%.