Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Larger Group

User Info Menu

Larger Group

Hey everyone we are coming down with a group of 14 adults staying at the Azul Beach Resort March 1-7th. While it is all inclusive we are looking to do some things outside of the resort. Does anyone have a recommendation to a private catamaran that we could have take us to Pelican Floyds? Or would you recommend going somewhere else? A few of the couples have been to Negril once before but the majority of us have not, myself included.

User Info Menu

Re: Larger Group

Here's hoping the world has changed a tad by March 1st, 2021. I'm not sure if The Pelican bar is even open right now but that might or will change my March. Bottom line is with or without Covid, the Pelican bar I don't think is reachable in a glass bottom boat or catamaran. According to my map distance measure app, Pelican bar is about 50 miles away from Azul by boat and that would be a full day trip just to get there. I think only Stanly's Deep Sea Fishing has boats big enough for that but an overnight trip in the open sea = $$$.

One of the most memorable trips of all times for me, was loading a bus up with friends in Negril, having lunch at Cloggy's in Black River, then a short driving up the coast for a few km's. Our driver then made a deal with some local fisherman to take us out to Pelican, maybe 5 minutes away. If you are really into a boat ride, might I suggest getting your favorite JUTA driver take you and your friends to Black River, Lunch at Cloggy's of course, safari up the Black River in a private finger boat, and then have the boat take you out to Pelican from Black River, about 30 minute boat ride out to sea. Then JUTA back to Negril.

User Info Menu

Re: Larger Group

The "Wild Thing" catamaran went from Negril to Half Moon Beach in GI a couple of times a week during normal times. HMB has a pirate themed island bar. Check with HMB. They may be able to advise you.