Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Current Status

User Info Menu

Current Status

What is the current status in Negril? Are many Resorts/ Hotels open? are there many tourists? Are the catamaran cruises operating? I would like to book a trip but can't afford to waste money on a poor trip.

User Info Menu

Re: Current Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cdrdrdr View Post
    What is the current status in Negril? Are many Resorts/ Hotels open? are there many tourists? Are the catamaran cruises operating? I would like to book a trip but can't afford to waste money on a poor trip.
    Many hotels, restaurants, cruises are open or operating.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "what is the current status in Negril?"

And, what is a "poor trip" to you?

Things are certainly different because of Covid...but Jamaica is getting major kudos for the way they're handling the whole situation.

User Info Menu

We are travelling as usual for our yearly trip in January. Can't imagine a poor trip to Negril.

User Info Menu

I was there recently and did not feel that it was a poor or wasted trip. Yes, things are different from what they used to be but that was not necessarily a bad thing. There are hotels, restaurant and attractions open (see listing at visitjamaica.com). There were less visitors but I preferred the quite as we are not huge party people. The service was excellent as the guest to visitor ratio was low. There were still vendors on the beach but not as many and you could still get pretty much whatever you wanted. The catamarans and small boats were still going out but with less people. It all depends on what you are looking for to decide if it will not be a good trip for you at this time. The large resorts are still providing the usual services but just with less people and if you are staying at a non all-inclusive you have to keep in mind that there are restriction on where, when and how you can go as well as the curfew times that are in place.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cdrdrdr View Post
    I just returned. Very few tourists. Weather and water are great. Many of the less expensive hotels are closed however you can walk the beach and find beach bars open. I had no problem getting through the airport. The biggest change is the 7:00pm - 5:00am curfew. Most places want you finishing dinner at 6:00pm or shortly after so the employees have time to clean up and get home by 7:00pm. So expect to be ordering dinner around 5. There’s not a soul around by 8:00pm.

User Info Menu

We are looking forward to quiet winter on the beach going to be a great winter !!

User Info Menu

We are here now, also from Canada. Feel very safe upon arrival and since. Jamaica is doing everything to protect everyone. It is much quieter but still has a great feel. The vendors are almost more respectful and not aggressive. Beach is beautiful and growing. We are doing a long walk today and will be able to let you know about beach bars. But the ones close to us have been open.

Just do it and come, you won’t be disappointed
    Puerto Vallarta Jan 1999, Punta Cana 02, Ocho Rios 04, Cuba Breezes Jibacoa Jan 06, Mayan GORM Dec 06, Cozumel Grand Cozumel Jan 08, Mayan Akumal Beach Resort Jan 09, Negril Couples Negril Dec 09, Mayan ABR Oct 10/12/13/15, Negril CSA Dec 10/11/12/13/15/16/17/18/19/20/21/22

User Info Menu

If everything goes as planned we will be there 1/3. See ya then Farmer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by since75 View Post
    We are travelling as usual for our yearly trip in January. Can't imagine a poor trip to Negril.
    Sheesh! Neither can I! I just love walking out of the airport, waiting for my ride closing my eyes and smelling the Jamaican air... Super excited to return in February!
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone for your comments. I am scheduled to be down in late January. I have been procrastinating on this trip I booked 6 months ago but feel much better after hearing Stoneyplainclint's comments. Will a picture of the visitjamaica authorization be good for entry to Jamaica? Looking forward to being in Negril again.