Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Confused about message from Jamaican Tourist Board

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Confused about message from Jamaican Tourist Board

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    I’m sure you can appreciate our frustration. We know jamaicans that have gone down and have traveled freely. We want to abide by the rules but I’m not understanding why we cant see land we’ve purchased. Someone said Orange Hill is within the corridor but our own family doesn’t know. Rob said we can’t visit our home but can we visit land? There are so many unknowns and I can’t find an answer. Not even from Jamaica
    One unknown is how long you are staying. With that information we will be able to guide you better.

One of the reasons Westmoreland has a 7pm curfew until December 30th is BECAUSE returning Jamaicans flaunted the quarantine laws and "traveled freely". Every business in Westmoreland is paying the price for their indiscretions.

Here is a map of the Covid Resilient Corridor.... please see if your property is located within the marked Corridor.

Name:  South_Coast_Corridor_cc9f93f7-5408-48c4-bffd-e86b99866ba8.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  108.5 KB

To clarify our unknowns, how long are you planning on staying? Are you staying at a Covid Certified property? And is your property within the Covid Resilient Corridor as marked on the map?

We can assist you more with this information.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Rob I keep asking the same thing and I’m sorry. We’re staying from February 17th to the 27th. At country country and westender. Property is in Orange hill right next to the sign. Property we own is between Orange Hill and mount airy.
    Last edited by BethAnn38; 12-27-2020 at 06:56 PM.

User Info Menu

To clarify my husband wants to visit the land we purchased and his yard. We all do.

User Info Menu

No barb I wasn’t planning on it. And as for being arrogant you must be referring solely to yourself because I know I’m not.
    Sorry if your name isn’t barb
    I wasn't calling you nor I arrogant.

I was referring to the fact that I would've been arrogant if I had chosen not to quarantine & possibly infect someone around me.

Name is Lisa 😁.

User Info Menu

Geez I was way off lol. Sorry! Struggling a bit forgive me

User Info Menu

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............one love
    everytime

User Info Menu

JDd thank you. I needed that.

User Info Menu

Geez I was way off lol. Sorry! Struggling a bit forgive me
    No worries...I completely understand how frustrated you are...but we truly, truly need to keep everyone safe first.

User Info Menu

See we’re not that bad lol
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Administrator

User Info Menu

Rob I keep asking the same thing and I’m sorry. We’re staying from February 17th to the 27th. At country country and westender. Property is in Orange hill right next to the sign. Property we own is between Orange Hill and mount airy.
    Quarantine is not even an option. There is no reason to even think about that. You will not be here long enough.

Since you cannot quarantine and your land is not Covid Resilient certified, you will not be allowed to physically visit the property.

If your home is within the marked Corridor on map above and you want to look at the property from the road, you will need to hire a JTB Covid Certified driver to drive by. You are not allowed to enter the property.

Any and all get togethers will need to take place at the properties you are staying at and following all the current Covid guidelines.

We all want things to be different, but they are not. Please don't try to justify breaking the Covid rules and risk your health and others just because you have have heard of others breaking the rules.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!