Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Confused about message from Jamaican Tourist Board

User Info Menu

Confused about message from Jamaican Tourist Board

So confused about a message I just received from the Jamaican tourist board. Trying to upload the email here. Hopefully y’all can see it
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

Re: Confused about message from Jamaican Tourist Board

So does this mean you’re free to roam the island after you’ve quarantined for two weeks?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    So does this mean you’re free to roam the island after you’ve quarantined for two weeks?
    After a two weeks of quarantining & being monitored by the MOH (Ministry of Health) via the JamCovid app & regular phone calls and/or in person visits....
    you are then released from quarantine and you may freely travel around the Island.

But...do note...
    Only after you're officially released from quarantine may you travel around the island.

User Info Menu

Sorry I probably sound like a broken record. We just want to see our frickin family and visit the land we bought. Husband and kids are Jamaican citizens.

User Info Menu

Sorry I probably sound like a broken record. We just want to see our frickin family and visit the land we bought. Husband and kids are Jamaican citizens.
    If you want to move around outside the tourist corridor....you have to quarantine for the two weeks no matter who you are.
    The quarantine is expected to take place at a non Covid resilient property. For example...you cannot quarantine at a Covid certified approved hotel.

BethAnn...this truly is not all that complicated. Unless you're trying to get around the Covid rules you'll find the procedures are fairly simple to deal with.

BethAnn...how long are you coming down to stay?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    If you want to move around outside the tourist corridor....you have to quarantine for the two weeks no matter who you are.
    The quarantine is expected to take place at a non Covid resilient property. For example...you cannot quarantine at a Covid certified approved hotel.

BethAnn...this truly is not all that complicated. Unless you're trying to get around the Covid rules you'll find the procedures are fairly simple to deal with.

BethAnn...how long are you coming down to stay?
    I’m sure you can appreciate our frustration. We know jamaicans that have gone down and have traveled freely. We want to abide by the rules but I’m not understanding why we cant see land we’ve purchased. Someone said Orange Hill is within the corridor but our own family doesn’t know. Rob said we can’t visit our home but can we visit land? There are so many unknowns and I can’t find an answer. Not even from Jamaica

User Info Menu

I’m coming across harsh and I don’t mean to. My kids want to see their grandparents and my husband wants to see his family. I know they can come to the hotel but he wants to see his yard and cook and invite friends and we can’t do any of that and it sucks.

User Info Menu

I’m coming across harsh and I don’t mean to. My kids want to see their grandparents and my husband wants to see his family. I know they can come to the hotel but he wants to see his yard and cook and invite friends and we can’t do any of that and it sucks.
    Of course it sucks...but these are the times we're in.
    I had to quarantine also...it wasn't fun, but I have no desire in being responsible for someone getting sick because of my arrogance.
    Please keep everyone safe!!

User Info Menu

No barb I wasn’t planning on it. And as for being arrogant you must be referring solely to yourself because I know I’m not.

User Info Menu

Sorry if your name isn’t barb