Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Recommendations For a Speed Boat Trip

User Info Menu

Recommendations For a Speed Boat Trip

My wife and myself would like to take a sunset speed boat cruise and are looking for idea's. Glass bottom boats are OK as are the Cat Cruises but we don't want to be onboard with many people.
    We are looking for a crewed 20-25ft boat with an outboard. Something that will take us along the coast, up to Rick's and then high speed trip back. Has anybody tried that? Any names, numbers and/or web sites would be appreciated.

User Info Menu

Re: Recommendations For a Speed Boat Trip

Several trips back we called our friend Vincent (Famous Vincent) to do just that. We chartered his boat (very reasonable) for a day he had no one booked to go to the reef. Vincent picked us up at Catcha went up past the light house to see the caves, cruised back down along the beach and put in at Cosmo's (boy, I miss that place) for lunch. Stopped in at Kuyaba for coconut pie and coffee, encountered a woman and her son there who were about to go for a taxi to their hotel. Instead we gave them a lift up to their place on our way back to Catcha. It was a sublime afternoon. I didn't realize anything went fast in Negril except those annoying motorcycles and jet skis. Hope this helps give you some ideas. Respect.

User Info Menu

There are a couple center consoles and other speed boats that pull tubers during the day from in front of the office of nature and I have seen them take people out for cruises. No idea what they charge as I have not used them.

User Info Menu

I just checked with my friends at Premium Parasailing and they can accommodate you.

This was their reply when I asked:

" Yes we have a watercraft speed boat ,it will be just the captain and one lifeguard,we provide rum punch and red stripe beer if they like...200 for the tour ,for 4 hours. "

Their number is 876-957-3928.

User Info Menu

Thank you so much all. We did go into Bloody Bay and spoke with a boat owner there at Office of Nature. He had what we wanted but a little expensive. I will be looking into Premium Parasail this afternoon. If I'm not mistaken they are located by The Boardwalk??

User Info Menu

They are between Skylark and Palms Negril.