Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Canadian Government PCR Test Requirement

User Info Menu

Re: New Canadian Government PCR Test Requirement

Quote Originally Posted by RyanP View Post
    Because of the facts involved, I suppose. I was only being tested because of Jamaica's requirements, had no close contact with infected/sick individuals, had no symptoms, had a negative Antigen test, followed by a positive PCR test (2 hours later), followed by a negative PCR test (46 hours later), and had negative tests for the two other individuals in my house for roughly the same time period. Sure, it could potentially bounce around my family and we could all be asymptomatic and the testing could just happen to miss it all but one test, but unlikely. My primary care physician said he had seen presumptive false positive tests and my neighbor's mother had a similar experience with the testing site that I used.

Even with what the Department of Health said, I did not board the flight, I did not enter Jamaica and I was not around others after my positive test.
    Maybe I'm missing something. I don't understand how the Department of Health can advise you to disregard the test results.

User Info Menu

Because of the facts involved and the other negative tests and the timing. They can see all the results of all the tests and see that something doesn't add up. Based on the knowledge of the virus, one doesn't shed the virus for only 46 hours.

Anything is possible, but it is extremely unlikely that I was carrying/infected with the virus. Unlikely enough that I was told to disregard the positive test by the Department of Health.
    Last edited by RyanP; 01-04-2021 at 03:19 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by airswift View Post
    I assume you realize that if the "next available flight" exceeds 72 hours from your test result date you will have to be retested and go thru the whole procedure again.
    Definitely, however the lab now offers 3 different days per week for testing so having results in time for my flight hopefully shouldn't be a issue. Flights are not to full at this time and worse case I buy a new ticket home or extend and keep back my original return and modify it for a future flight. I am not to worried I have the ability to work remotely and being stuck in Jamaica isn't the worse thing in the world ..lol