Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transportation from airport

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Transportation from airport

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    Rob you’re completely wrong. I never said anything about breaking any rules but I’m trying to get accurate information. Perhaps if you were born and bred Jamaican you would be more empathetic.
    Empathetic? How long have you been living here on a daily basis? I am into decades. I care about my friends and their families and want everyone on the island to be both safe and maintain a livelihood.

I am giving you the correct information to make sure that you have the best, safest and most productive trip possible in your short time.

What logical sense would it be to have the government set up all these measures, the Corridor, Covid Certified JTB Transportation, masks, social distancing, curfews, etc. and then allow every visitor to randomly pick any driver they want as their very first contact with the island who has not been trained or certified and may possibly be infected?

Don't you think that it is more likely that you can pick your driver as long as they are JTB Covid certified?
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

We have a regular guy who has a taxi and I asked him this question
    "We were wondering if you are approved for airport pick-ups based on the COVID restrictions.
    It indicates that all taxis must be certified through JUTA or some such"
    His response:
    "The approval goes for drivers who have contract with the airport we all follow the safety protocols given by the ministry of health and wellness so we are on the safe side. "

Hope this helps BethAnn with understanding - drivers who have a contract with the airport - are the only ones approved for pick-ups - ( So I presume they must be JTB licensed certified driver)

Administrator

User Info Menu

The why does it say from the airport you can choose your own transportation? It says that
    It says that because you can. If you are staying outside Corridor or at a non Covid certified property, a family member can pick you up but then you will all have to quarantine.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Rob I’m sorry for what I said. I’m sure I’ll get purged from this group now. I don’t doubt your love and concern for Jamaica as you shouldn’t doubt ours.
    BethAnn,

Thank you for the apology and it would take a whole lot more vulgar bs to be purged. The wording on the letter could have been better and I understand why you are confused. But the "Please note" is the important part of the letter.

User Info Menu

Rob you were questioning if I wanted to endanger my family and I got defensive. Like I said I know you are deeply entrenched in Jamaica. Yes we are in the US now but my husband and children were born and raised there and I lived there for many years before we were able to obtain permanent residency in the US. So yes we do have a vested interest there.

User Info Menu

This is us btw. He’s a lot younger then me lol
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by irie always View Post
    We have a regular guy who has a taxi and I asked him this question "We were wondering if you are approved for airport pick-ups based on the COVID restrictions.It indicates that all taxis must be certified through JUTA or some such"His response:"The approval goes for drivers who have contract with the airport we all follow the safety protocols given by the ministry of health and wellness so we are on the safe side. "Hope this helps BethAnn with understanding - drivers who have a contract with the airport - are the only ones approved for pick-ups - ( So I presume they must be JTB licensed certified driver)
    Yes, all airport contract drivers are JTB licensed certified.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by irie always View Post
    We have a regular guy who has a taxi and I asked him this question
    "We were wondering if you are approved for airport pick-ups based on the COVID restrictions.
    It indicates that all taxis must be certified through JUTA or some such"
    His response:
    "The approval goes for drivers who have contract with the airport we all follow the safety protocols given by the ministry of health and wellness so we are on the safe side. "

Hope this helps BethAnn with understanding - drivers who have a contract with the airport - are the only ones approved for pick-ups - ( So I presume they must be JTB licensed certified driver)
    Hey Irie Always....just a heads up...
    ask your driver what company name he is legally Covid certified under... you'll need this information when you fill out your Travel Authorization form confirming your JTB certified transportation ride.

The link below shows ALL the JTB certified drivers...
    https://www.visitjamaica.com/travela...tion/#Approved
    Scroll down & click on
    TRANSPORTATION / TOUR OPERATORS and find your driver's name or company name.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Rob you were questioning if I wanted to endanger my family and I got defensive. Like I said I know you are deeply entrenched in Jamaica. Yes we are in the US now but my husband and children were born and raised there and I lived there for many years before we were able to obtain permanent residency in the US. So yes we do have a vested interest there.
    BethAnn,

It wasn't so much questioning but trying to prevent your family from endangering themselves or anyone on the island. I care about your family on the island too.

The actual rules are extremely common sense ways to prevent the spread of Covid while allowing people to earn a living.

User Info Menu

Rob,
    A couple of us from the OLB are making a quick trip in Feb. No container, just a couple suitcases. I’m curious about a couple things. Are certified vehicles clearly marked as such?
    How is this enforced?
    Is Sheffield within the corridor?
    Thanks, hope to see you and Lisa soon!
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4