Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Transportation from airport

User Info Menu

Re: Transportation from airport

Ras Walleye,
    There are lists of certified transportation offerings as well as a map showing the corridor at visitjamaica.com
    At this moment in time, you have to enter your choice of transportation and your hotel as you apply for your travel authorization. No one can predict what may be happening when you travel in February.

User Info Menu

Beth Ann,
    your response from the JTB is clear. The airport is in the corridor as well as the route to Negril. You will be in the corridor and you will be required to use certified transportation. At this moment in time, you have to enter your transportation and your hotel for your travel authorization. It would be unfortunate if you could somehow be allowed to arrive and then have to make last minute decisions or arrange different transportation. Please just follow the rules.
    You have a beautiful family, please do not jeopardize them or your family in Jamaica by not following the protocols.

Walk good Beth Ann

I just re read your screen shot....it specifically says "you will be required to use Tourist Board licensed transportation for ALL MOVEMENTS WITHIN THE CORRIDOR"
    Last edited by jamaicajeanne; 12-31-2020 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Additional information

User Info Menu

Hi Jeanne! Thank you for your response. Obviously I’m struggling with this whole thing but now that I understand better I will definitely follow the rules. I’m going to book the hotel transportation from and returning to the airport and we will utilize them for all transportation within the corridor.

User Info Menu

Great idea!! Have a wonderful trip!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ras Walleye View Post
    Rob,
    A couple of us from the OLB are making a quick trip in Feb. No container, just a couple suitcases. I’m curious about a couple things. Are certified vehicles clearly marked as such?
    How is this enforced?
    Is Sheffield within the corridor?
    Thanks, hope to see you and Lisa soon!
    Ras,

There are no "certified" markings but all JUTA, JCal and Maxi drivers are certified. Do not take public transportation (route taxis) as they are all NOT certified.

It is enforced mainly at roadblocks and speed traps, but we have seen the occasional vehicle get pulled over.

Sheffield is in the Corridor, but you can't visit private homes, only businesses in the area.

See you soon!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!