Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transportation from airport

User Info Menu

Transportation from airport

Hi Guys!

Quick question because again I’m getting conflicting information. Our cousin wamts to pick us up at the Mobay airport and bring us to Negril. I called the hotel and they said it is not mandatory to use their transportation. Other forums are saying different things. Does anyone have a definitive answer? We’re happy to go with the the hotel transportation if it means abiding by the laws. Also I just wanted to say how delightful and helpful you all are. And feel free to message me if you want to meet up for a drink while there! Also if you’re up for babysitting a 4 and 5 year old lol. Just kidding!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Transportation from airport

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    Hi Guys!

Quick question because again I’m getting conflicting information. Our cousin wamts to pick us up at the Mobay airport and bring us to Negril. I called the hotel and they said it is not mandatory to use their transportation. Other forums are saying different things. Does anyone have a definitive answer? We’re happy to go with the the hotel transportation if it means abiding by the laws. Also I just wanted to say how delightful and helpful you all are. And feel free to message me if you want to meet up for a drink while there! Also if you’re up for babysitting a 4 and 5 year old lol. Just kidding!
    If your cousin is a JTB Covid Certified operator, then they would be able to transport you.

It is not mandatory to take the hotel transportation, but it IS mandatory to take a JTB Covid Certified driver everywhere you go.

This is why I told you that to visit your property to look at it from the road you will need JTB Covid Certified transportation.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

K thanks. He and the hotel are under different impressions or are not informed about the latest requirements apparently. This is why I come here for answers because the locals are giving different information.

Administrator

User Info Menu

K thanks. He and the hotel are under different impressions or are not informed about the latest requirements apparently. This is why I come here for answers because the locals are giving different information.
    The "latest" requirements are months old now, you have always had to use only JTB Covid Certified transportation. The hotels cannot get certified without knowing this information. And they are correct that you are not required to use their drivers.Please note that when you change hotels or go anywhere that you will need to use only JTB Covid Certified transportation.

User Info Menu

Actually Rob I just received a note from the JTB that contradicts your information.It states that visitors can choose their means of transportation from the airport but are required to use certified transportation within the corridor.I’ll try to screenshot the message

User Info Menu

JTB message regarding airport transportation
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Administrator

User Info Menu

Actually Rob I just received a note from the JTB that contradicts your information.It states that visitors can choose their means of transportation from the airport but are required to use certified transportation within the corridor.I’ll try to screenshot the message
    LOL! Nothing I wrote is contradicted, in fact it backs up exactly what I wrote.

It says, "Please note that if you would be staying within the Resilient Corridor (which you are) at an approved resort (which you are) you will be required to use Tourist Board licensed transportation for all movements within the Corridor."

That is EXACTLY what I just wrote to you. No contradiction whatsoever.

User Info Menu

Umm no I asked if our cousin could drive us from the airport to Negril and you said he he had to be JTB covid certified which is obviously not the case. That is what you wrote.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    If your cousin is a JTB Covid Certified operator, then they would be able to transport you.

It is not mandatory to take the hotel transportation, but it IS mandatory to take a JTB Covid Certified driver everywhere you go.

This is why I told you that to visit your property to look at it from the road you will need JTB Covid Certified transportation.
    Your exact words. The fact is you do NOT need a certified driver to bring you from the airport
    Last edited by BethAnn38; 12-30-2020 at 08:04 PM. Reason: From or to the airport I meant

Administrator

User Info Menu

Your exact words. The fact is you do NOT need a certified driver to bring you from the airport
    BethAnn,

The FACT is that you will be required to use a JTB licensed certified driver. Please reread this:

"Please note that if you would be staying within the Resilient Corridor (which you are) at an approved resort (which you are) you will be required to use Tourist Board licensed transportation for all movements within the Corridor."

What do you think this means?

They say that you can choose your own transportation AS LONG AS THEY ARE JTB CERTIFIED. It doesn't mean that you can choose just anyone.