Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got back

User Info Menu

Just got back

Just got back last week from 33 days at White Sands and has a wonderful time.. I just got tested and was negative for Covid. I felt so safe there..beach was almost empty but a lot of places open..easy to social distance all places were strict with their protocols many places had only 1 or 2 other tables occupied. Ran into some other posters there including a skeleton..what a good time !! White Sands was perfect as was the weather..they had a weekend jerk chicken dinner for only $8.50 US...Best of West didn't open until my last week I see that Vinnies is just opening now...My favorite happy hours were Rondel Village(W,F Sun)5-6pm and Coco La Palm everyday 5-7 Drifters was open with music about 4 days a week crowds sparse so easy to distance..Firefly has $2 red stripes 12-2..didn't get there but Beach House Condos has a good happy hour too. Weather was perfect Looking to return to Negril mid-January Westmoreland parish did get put into a 7pm curfew which made dining a little early. Overall, things felt very safe there. Irie vibes

User Info Menu

Re: Just got back

thanks for the info. do you think club mobay would be a good idea upon arrival ?

User Info Menu

Original Spanky….36 flights coming in today...I am using it. I don't want to be stuck in that airport for 2 hours potentially.

User Info Menu

We used Club Mobay going in and it made no difference as planes were unloading from both sides and everyone had to go through the covid test deal so it was a long time but on the way out the airport was so quiet we could have been through in minutes without them.It's touch and go right now weather to use them or not.We are holding off on booking them for the April trip as we get in at 9:30am so i think we will beat the crowds!

User Info Menu

Heard there was a skeleton chilling out at Tony's hut ,Hope he's still around in April,we got rather fond of that bony old boy.Fed him some table scraps a couple times and took him on a couple walks down the beach and bought him a couple beers.Heard he was fattening up as Tony said he would take care of him!

User Info Menu

Name:  FB_IMG_1609681793127.jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  167.9 KB
    Is this Skeleton

User Info Menu

billndonna, he was getting fattened up and was actually fully clothed the last time I saw him I did see a relative of his further down the beach at a wood carvers shop
    All the bars here are mourning your going home as their business has dropped off by 75% see you in April..I go back Jan. 16 and will pick up where you left and drain the alcohol supplies in Negril irie vibes

User Info Menu

Dockelleyt ~ are most of the bars on the beach open? Do you know if Sunbeach has opened yet? Also, do you know if White Sand's pool is open? We'll be at White Sands for the month of February... counting the days now

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Dockelleyt ~ are most of the bars on the beach open? Do you know if Sunbeach has opened yet? Also, do you know if White Sand's pool is open? We'll be at White Sands for the month of February... counting the days now
    Many of the beach bars are open, you won't have a problem taking a beer from one to the next. Some are still closed as of today, but things are guaranteed to change by February.

Sunbeach is working hard to finish their upgrades and open any day. As for the White Sands pool, it would probably be best to contact them directly.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Many of the beach bars are open, you won't have a problem taking a beer from one to the next. Some are still closed as of today, but things are guaranteed to change by February.

Sunbeach is working hard to finish their upgrades and open any day. As for the White Sands pool, it would probably be best to contact them directly.
    Thanks Rob ~~ That's just what I was hoping to hear !!