Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Xtabi Sea Front Cottage

User Info Menu

Xtabi Sea Front Cottage

Since BCC is off the list
    Xtabi Cottage 1 or 4
    Your thoughts
    Pics be great, too
    But considering Home Sweet Home
    Open to other Cliff side options
    your thoughts

User Info Menu

Re: Xtabi Sea Front Cottage

We stayed at Home Sweet Home and weren’t impressed but it was inexpensive. Not much of a pool. I’ve never stayed at Xtabi but remember researching them and only one had a kitchen and air conditioning. Plus it wasn’t appropriate for little ones so we didn’t stay there. Very nice restaurant and bar area though. Mostly we stayed at Catcha and got married there. Also enjoyed Villas sur Mer but it’s doesn’t have direct water access. My husband worked at Westender for many years and they have done many nice upgrades over the years but they are quite isolated. We’ve also stayed at Hide Awhile and Tensing Pen. We have a family house there but always preferred to stay in hotels before I could get my husband to the US. More privacy. Oh we loved Rock House also.

User Info Menu

We've stayed at both Tensing and Catcha. Catcha has Ivan's, one of the best restautants on the West End. Catcha tends to have a lot more people around since they expanded a few years ago. Tensing Pen has fewer units, hence fewer people. The Pillers are outstanding. Like being in a tree house right on the waters edge.

User Info Menu

Oops. Pictures didn't post. Try again.Name:  DSCF6631.JPG
Views: 952
Size:  905.3 KB

User Info Menu

That was Catcha grounds. This should be TensingName:  DSCF1153.JPG
Views: 844
Size:  907.0 KB

User Info Menu

I heard Catcha was opening to the public for breakfast lunch and dinner now. Sorry I digress. So many fond memories at Catcha. My favorite rooms were the newer one bedroom sea side suites.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Yes, we posted this months ago when they needed to change their policy because of Covid.

Please support all the Negril businesses big and small, this is an unprecedented times!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Rob lol that must be where I heard it. I wish they allowed children but totally understand why they have that policy. Most places on cliffs don’t allow it.

User Info Menu

We stayed in #2 .. I would recommend #1 over #4 but both are nice .. #1 was a little more private and had a nicer place to walk down to the chairs by the ocean ..
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

Husband and i stayed in 4 a couple years ago. Two floors with a “real” staircase (as opposed to a Little House On The Prairie type ladder) was definitely nice. Having a bathroom upstairs was great. Outdoor shower was fab. But, to be honest, we did have some complaints. The place was rundown. The linens were scratchy. There was no umbrella or any covering on the porch to provide shade during the afternoon hours when the sun was scorching. There was a large gap under the door and big ants came into the cabin each evening. So it wasn’t perfect. But we love Xtabi. I had stayed there across the street back in 09 and remembered it fondly. The bar and the restaurant are top notch. We also went inside cabin three which is up behind four. It is smaller, with one floor and it is closer to the road but I think if we ever considered staying at Xtabi waterside again I would want to stay in 3. The porch is cute and it has a cover for shade during the day. And I believe it has air conditioning. I don’t think 4 has air conditioning but I could be wrong about that. I do not remember. My sister has stayed in I believe it is cabin 6 which is on the other side of the restaurant. We took a look at that cabin too and it’s really cute and nice and newer but it is right near the restaurant and close to the huts at 3 Dives.

I do not know if they have updated since. So I can only go on what it was like the last time we were there. If you were looking for a nicer accommodation you may want to look elsewhere. Xtabi definitely has that old-school Negril charm but they really Should be doing regular updates and I am not sure they are. Things like fixing cracks in the concrete in the walkways and refreshing the chaise lounges would be appreciated for sure. And it wouldn’t break the bank for them to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by negrilbound View Post
    Since BCC is off the list
    Xtabi Cottage 1 or 4
    Your thoughts
    Pics be great, too
    But considering Home Sweet Home
    Open to other Cliff side options
    your thoughts
    Last edited by Ever72; 01-08-2021 at 10:06 PM.