Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Butch Stewart has passed...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Butch Stewart has passed...

I spoke with Butch Stewart many times and his love for Jamaica, its people and its visitors was ever present.

One of the things he said that has stuck in my mind is that a vacation is an escape from everyday reality. It is a dream, a fantasy and all our jobs, everyone working in the tourism industry, is to make sure that our guests' dreams are fulfilled.

Goodbye to one of Jamaica's greatest visionaries, Gordon "Butch" Stewart.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Butch Stewart has passed...

I know most of us on this board are non-AI folks, but I could not agree with Rob's sentiments about Butch enough. I never met the guy, but we did celebrate our Honeymoon and our first trip to Jamaica at Sandals Royal in Montego Bay. Yes, it was a nice place and yes you felt like you were in some dream paradise, but the very reason we came back to Jamaica 2 years later and haven't stopped coming for the last 27 years is because of the great people we met on that very first trip. We even have one friend that we met on that first trip (a waiter at the resort) that we are still very close to today. It is indeed the people that made us feel like we were living a dream, so thanks to Butch for instilling that vibe into his employees, since it made Jamaica "lifers" out of us. Without that first trip and our instant attraction to the people, I don't think we would be looking at making trip #37 next week and trip #38 in February.

M&M

User Info Menu

Re: Butch Stewart has passed...

Rob, so sad to hear the news about Butch.
    He took Abe Issa's All Inclusive concept to a new level with Sandals and Beaches.
    As a returning guest to Sandals Negril in 1993, my Ex and I had dinner with Butch and a few other returning Sandals guests.
    He was a charming host and it is an evening I'll never forget.

VVHT