Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: question regarding covid test

User Info Menu

question regarding covid test

i have gone to the travel Jamaica site but am confused. i have gotten a test at the county health department as well as at CvS. are either of those going to work or must you go to a laboratory.? my zip is 37601 but when i enter that it lists locations i have not heard of???

User Info Menu

Re: question regarding covid test

You just need the lab report

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    i have gone to the travel Jamaica site but am confused. i have gotten a test at the county health department as well as at CvS. are either of those going to work or must you go to a laboratory.? my zip is 37601 but when i enter that it lists locations i have not heard of???
    That makes two of us. When I enter zip 37601, I see a lot of places I have never heard of too!

A jook mi tell
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Have your doctor refer you to a lab that meets the Visit Jamaica requirements that are listed. Look for the CLIA number or lab name on your CVS test results and enter those on the search. If it comes up just make sure the lab name and CLIA number appears on the result page. If not, contact the lab directly so they can print your results with that information. Remember you must test within 10 days of arrival. We will test 8 or 9 days out for our February trip. That way if there is a flight delay of a day our test won’t have expired. My last test results came with all the appropriate information and my wife’s did not. She had to go to the lab and pick up a reprinted version. It’s worth all the hassle once you make it there!!

User Info Menu

How are things in JC... Kpt here
    Canceled our annual Jan. trip to Idle Awhile
    https://www.tickerfactory.com]

User Info Menu

I had my test done at CVS. The report didn’t have the necessary info.

I found that the sample was run at a Quest Diagnostics lab. I created an account on the Quest website. The report, that I printed from there, still left off the license number and collection method.

We emailed Quest requesting a report with the additional information. They didn’t help. Just resent the same report.

So in the end I just added a box on the report that had the lab’s license number and collection method. I took that and the only person that even looked at it was the lady at ticketing. When I was at MBJ it was quickly glanced at and returned.

User Info Menu

thanks for the info .
    still trying to figure out what A jook mi tell means
    I'm going to take a test this week and see what's on the result to figure if it works for our real Negril test in a few weeks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnG View Post
    I had my test done at CVS. The report didn’t have the necessary info.

I found that the sample was run at a Quest Diagnostics lab. I created an account on the Quest website. The report, that I printed from there, still left off the license number and collection method.

We emailed Quest requesting a report with the additional information. They didn’t help. Just resent the same report.

So in the end I just added a box on the report that had the lab’s license number and collection method. I took that and the only person that even looked at it was the lady at ticketing. When I was at MBJ it was quickly glanced at and returned.
    I've been to Jamaica 3 times since they requested Covid Tests and I always went to CVS, and no issue with the test.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rumlover View Post
    Have your doctor refer you to a lab that meets the Visit Jamaica requirements that are listed. Look for the CLIA number or lab name on your CVS test results and enter those on the search. If it comes up just make sure the lab name and CLIA number appears on the result page. If not, contact the lab directly so they can print your results with that information. Remember you must test within 10 days of arrival. We will test 8 or 9 days out for our February trip. That way if there is a flight delay of a day our test won’t have expired. My last test results came with all the appropriate information and my wife’s did not. She had to go to the lab and pick up a reprinted version. It’s worth all the hassle once you make it there!!
    i’m so confused by this I’m planning on coming in April (I was supposed to be coming in February but I am recovering from Covid now and the doctor told me I can test positive for up to three months after recovered from Covid)
    anyway I’m looking at my past PCR test( I got done back in September when I was negative ) which was done by quest laboratories... do not see a CLIA number? I just want to make sure when I do take the test before I travel that I am doing it right if that makes sense?
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deanna View Post
    i’m so confused by this I’m planning on coming in April (I was supposed to be coming in February but I am recovering from Covid now and the doctor told me I can test positive for up to three months after recovered from Covid)
    anyway I’m looking at my past PCR test( I got done back in September when I was negative ) which was done by quest laboratories... do not see a CLIA number? I just want to make sure when I do take the test before I travel that I am doing it right if that makes sense?
    but then again April is a long ways off who knows what will change as in testing requirements and vaccines..
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)