Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curfew details please

User Info Menu

Curfew details please

would like to hear some info regarding the curfew. what time do the restaurants actually make you leave?
    can you enter at 6;50 or so and expect to get served.? can you get a ride or is it ok to walk back to the hotel either beach side or street side if it is well after 7 once dinner is finished?
    guess i am asking how the curfew is enforced and how strict.
    we have no interest in staying out late but 7 comes awful quick after sunset
    thanks ed

User Info Menu

Re: Curfew details please

When we were there 4 weeks ago the curfew was 8pm and restaurants we visited wanted orders placed before 7pm. Some wanted reservations made by 5:30 or 6. We always headed back to the hotel 30 minutes before curfew went into effect and we always booked round trip with our driver so I don’t know how hard it would be to get a ride around curfew time. Sunset was at 5:30 so it wasn’t a big deal. I’m hoping by our February trip they will push the curfew time back to at least 8.

Administrator

User Info Menu

If you have to be at your property at 7pm, and the restaurant whose employees must be in their homes by 7pm, entering the restaurant at 6:50pm cannot work.

The current curfew time is 7pm. You are not allowed to be out in public. The police do enforce this policy and besides, no restaurant would allow you in just before 7pm.

You are not allowed to be on the street well after curfew.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rumlover View Post
    When we were there 4 weeks ago the curfew was 8pm and restaurants we visited wanted orders placed before 7pm. Some wanted reservations made by 5:30 or 6. We always headed back to the hotel 30 minutes before curfew went into effect and we always booked round trip with our driver so I don’t know how hard it would be to get a ride around curfew time. Sunset was at 5:30 so it wasn’t a big deal. I’m hoping by our February trip they will push the curfew time back to at least 8.

When are you going back in Feb ???? Staying at Idle awhile ?????

User Info Menu

February 6th, Beach Club this trip. Love Idle Awhile though and will be back there next December.

User Info Menu

i spoke to 3 dives and as you all said they are strict on the curfew. they did say that the 7 o'clock runs thru jan 15 th. i am hoping of course since we have a feb 7 trip they push it back to 8 at least . guess that depends on the incidence of covid .
    as far as anyone knows are the hotel restaurant/ bars open for guests or also finished at 7 now

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    i spoke to 3 dives and as you all said they are strict on the curfew. they did say that the 7 o'clock runs thru jan 15 th. i am hoping of course since we have a feb 7 trip they push it back to 8 at least . guess that depends on the incidence of covid .
    as far as anyone knows are the hotel restaurant/ bars open for guests or also finished at 7 now
    As has been said here a few times...7pm to 5am curfew was extended to January 15th.

There's truly no reason to be asking about the current curfew...as a visitor to Jamaica you may want to wait until you're closer to getting here...no point worrying about the time as it will probably change.

Administrator

User Info Menu

...as far as anyone knows are the hotel restaurant/ bars open for guests or also finished at 7 now
    I wrote this to you the other day....

"Call the hotel you are staying at and ask them what is available after curfew. Different hotels will have different options."
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Rob your memory is still better than mine despite your advancing age. I did notice after asking the question I asked the same thing a few days back. I’ll be embarrassed if I ask again.

User Info Menu

Rob your memory is still better than mine despite your advancing age. I did notice after asking the question I asked the same thing a few days back. I’ll be embarrassed if I ask again.
    ask what again?