Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Sad to see......

User Info Menu

Sad to see......

As a looong time visitor to West End I am truly sorry to see Ricks on a Saturday so empty, gone are the days when a Big BUS would lumber up West End Road, pedestrians would jump into shops to get outta the way....cars? well, let's just say.... pull over and hope.....

My wife and I saved a girl from falling in front of a BIG BUS once!!....and the Irony of it.... she was a bus driver in Boston!...."Lavena" I would love to meet her again....hope she has faired well......

Then after Sunset?....well it was time to turn away from the sea and sunset, and people watch... until the Reagge and Mento would drive back through the air, interjected with the rife shot noise from Dominios being played.....
    Time for Moonrise...watched possibly by no one else on Earth but my wife by my side......sigh*

.Name:  donkey cart  west end rd  am vegtables 1984 (Medium).jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  83.6 KB
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Re: Sad to see......

Conjuring up the good old days in the West End. We always stayed up that way in the early 80’s. gus’s Rocky Dell for some great conch soup and lobster dinner, the wonder off after and the music wherever it took you!
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

Administrator

User Info Menu

Hey Rambo.... as a long time visitor you know Rick's is always dead at 2pm everyday....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Was just checking the Rick's live earthcam, nary a soul in view. (7:50 pm) It will get better, it has to get better. I need my Negril fix as much as any of us addicts waiting for some kind of normal, We will be back, like Alfred's sign says, "when the sun sets, the moon shines"

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phineasfreakears View Post
    Was just checking the Rick's live earthcam, nary a soul in view. (7:50 pm) It will get better, it has to get better. I need my Negril fix as much as any of us addicts waiting for some kind of normal, We will be back, like Alfred's sign says, "when the sun sets, the moon shines"
    At 7:50pm I would expect no one to be in sight due to the curfew at 7, and the fact everyone leaves Ricks after sunset, which is around 6ish....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

True dat Rob, easy to forget about the curfew there while lounging on the couch here at home.