Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: 28 years ago today

User Info Menu

28 years ago today

It was the first time likkle farmer and I set foot in Jamaica on our honeymoon.It was my first time out of the country.After I read an article in the Boston Globe in 1981 about Negril in the travel section I knew this was where I wanted to spend our honeymoon.
    It certainly has changed over the years but we still go once or twice a year and now spending 2 1/2 months every winter there!
    After working over 100 hours a week for 6 months with my 7 Jamaican bredrins the wife and I are ready to come down again!Yeah!
    Jamaican crew has gone home to their families with a bundle with a bundle of money ,well earned.The crew was giddy with excitement for the last
    few weeks.Can't blame them away from their families.
    We will be down Nov 29 to get ready for our oldest daughters wedding @ cherela next April.Thanks to Ryjoson for all the tips.Then back home for Xmas and then Jan3 thru March 6 back to our other home in Jah.Then back for the wedding in April.Hope to see some boardies there!
    Peace Farmer

User Info Menu

Sounds like you have a little bit of Jamaica all year round, in one form or another. Enjoy your relax time before the wedding - hope we can see some photos when the time comes.

User Info Menu

My first time in Negril was for an April wedding at Charela. My third trip was for another. Next trip (17 or 18 I've lost count) in Dec. will be the third Charela wedding. They do a wonderful job!