Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This isn’t good for US travelers

User Info Menu

This isn’t good for US travelers

Air passengers will be required to get a viral test within three days before their flight to the United States departs, and to provide written documentation of their lab results, or documentation of having recovered from Covid-19, the agency said in a statement to CNN.

CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield is expected to sign the order on Tuesday and it will go into effect on January 26.

If a passenger does not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery, or chooses not to take a test, the airline must not allow the passenger to board, the CDC said.

User Info Menu

Re: This isn’t good for US travelers

Just read the site.. International travel might become damn near impossible.

This isn't good for Jamaica "Land we love"

Cap
    Last edited by captaind; 01-12-2021 at 08:00 PM.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

lets hope this only applies to returning from countries that are experiencing heavy cases. if Jamaica is included as Cap said not good.at all

User Info Menu

Let's see how it plays out. And pray

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

I think it was just made official and test required. I’m looking for details including start date. This came across a news feed. Horrified for what this means for tourism. Rapid test us as we re-enter our own countries and don’t put that burden on countries that can’t possibly handle this.

User Info Menu

Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Very bad news for Jamaica. I will wait and see how this plays out for my February trip but if testing is difficult and expensive to get back to the states, that will mean many cancellations, including mine. I am coming down with my kids shortly and will be coming back right before it kicks in in January. I will not spend the last 3-4 days of my February trip trying to hunt down a place to find a test facility and expensive test ect..way too much stress on my last few days of vacation.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fargoman View Post
    Very bad news for Jamaica. I will wait and see how this plays out for my February trip but if testing is difficult and expensive to get back to the states, that will mean many cancellations, including mine. I am coming down with my kids shortly and will be coming back right before it kicks in in January. I will not spend the last 3-4 days of my February trip trying to hunt down a place to find a test facility and expensive test ect..way too much stress on my last few days of vacation.
    Oh geeze... I was thinking the same thing... The hassle of trying to find a place to test and probably standing in long line to get a test... it’s stressful enough here in NY trying to get a test��
    I’m planning on visiting in April but now I’m going to wait to see how this plays out����
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)

Administrator

User Info Menu

Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Guess it is a good thing we canceled our annual 10 day trip.
    we were to have left this Saturday the 16th and returned on the 26th. We would not have been able to return since effective January 26th.
    There will be other trips in the future
    https://www.tickerfactory.com]