Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Kamala

User Info Menu

Kamala

User Info Menu

Re: Kamala

not a fan but thanks for sharing. very interesting. would love to hear her throw in some patios during a speech

User Info Menu

I hear you. Didn't mean this post to be political at all. I was thinking more about Jamaicans and their pride in her. Maybe J-Gov could invite her down for a state visit and she could lay a little patois on us then.

User Info Menu

not a fan of her ...this is the last place I want to read about any us politics...
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)

User Info Menu

Sorry. I reread the article to try find the US politics in it. Big pots of curry goat at Browns Hill... aunties and cousins...sleeping policemen... Bob Marley concerts & lyrics and, yes patois to Jamaicans who proclaimed "she's one of us." Mostly it is about her father and Jamaican family roots. C'mon people. If Manley and Seaga can do it so can we. This article is hardly a political manifesto.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I just wished her official Senate bio mentioned even one word about her Jamaican heritage....

https://www.harris.senate.gov/about
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

She is very flip floppy, I saw her say I’m African-American and my mother is from India. As the DA in California she sent many Latinos and African-Americans to prison for smoking ganja. Then when asked about her stance on legalizing marijuana, she replied “come on man Half of my family is from Jamaica” I won’t get political here but I think she and Cho Biden will make a great team

User Info Menu

Maybe this story about a different distinguished Jamaican-American would be more palatable. It's basically the same story with different names and accomplishments.

https://jamaicans.com/jamaicanhalloffamecol/