Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Great to be back

User Info Menu

Great to be back

We arrived from JFK on Thursday. Everyone here is taking all the Covid precautions very seriously. The beach is eerily quiet and beautiful. It’s just great to be back, seeing many
    of our old friends on the beach and getting news on those staying home. The past months have obviously been tough on the local Jamaicans who depend so heavily on tourism, but we couldn’t help but be impressed by a sense of positivity and unity of the people despite the hardships. I know many of our friends from the states have been hesitant to return, many waiting for their vaccines, but I can assure folks almost everybody is being very conscientious and so happy to see us. In someways, the beach is so quiet it kind of feels like the 70s, except for all the mostly empty properties. It feels good to be able to contribute to the local economy. Come on down!

User Info Menu

Re: Great to be back

Thanks for the report. We are booked for the end of February and are on the fence as to whether to go or not. Good to hear a positive report. Would love to hear more as your vacation goes on.

User Info Menu

We are leaving Wednesday from Minneapolis... see you on the beach. I’ll be wearing a T-shirt and shorts.
    LOL.... and his wife is the boss so you won’t have to look too far cause she talks too much ,( she wrote that part)

User Info Menu

sabu, we were supposed to fly out of JFK on Caribbean Airlines on February 17th but they said they suspended flights indefinitely from JFK to Montego Bay so I thought it had something to do with the airport? But hubs said flights are going there same way. We were re-routed to Kingston, but we ended up canceling due to several reasons.

User Info Menu

Must just be Carribean air . I know American is flying and fares are almost 1/2 of norm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by original spanky View Post
    Must just be Carribean air . I know American is flying and fares are almost 1/2 of norm
    Yeah we’re supposed to be getting vouchers for future bookings. I’m so sad because my kids haven’t seen their grandparents in like 4 years. So praying for this summer. Next month it’s Tennessee and Kentucky lol.