Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Peace, peace, perfect peace

User Info Menu

Peace, peace, perfect peace

Testing station now set up at Coco La Palm. Beach is perfect. Don’t let the CDC rating deter you. Things are very chill here. Had takeout from Vinnie’s last 2 nights - fried chicken and steamed fish. Delicious!! Restaurant itself was empty. Whole scene is incredibly peaceful and relaxing. No late night parties but usual Mon, Fri live music at Boat Bar - just a few of us scragglers around.

User Info Menu

Re: Peace, peace, perfect peace

Quote Originally Posted by sabu View Post
    Testing station now set up at Coco La Palm. Beach is perfect. Don’t let the CDC rating deter you. Things are very chill here. Had takeout from Vinnie’s last 2 nights - fried chicken and steamed fish. Delicious!! Restaurant itself was empty. Whole scene is incredibly peaceful and relaxing. No late night parties but usual Mon, Fri live music at Boat Bar - just a few of us scragglers around.
    We were there in Nov no worry about coming back, but my worry is we will test to go for our April trip but what would we do if one of us tested positive to return to the US? That worries me and we mask and follow guidelines.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sabu View Post
    " Don't let the CDC deter you " ?
    Now there's an interesting piece of advice.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by airswift View Post
    " Don't let the CDC deter you " ?
    Now there's an interesting piece of advice.
    The CDC is made up of humans, which for the most part has globallly gotten this pandemic wrong from the beginning. It is 10 times safer in Jamaica than the US guided CDC.

The new administration is taking 14 days to figure out the new regulations based on the suggestions of CDC. Even the new administration is not blindly believing the CDC....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

We're not very concerned about the situation in Jamaica, but we are concerned about the air travel, and in particular the layover each way in a large airport. One of my buddies was in Negril over New Year's and came down with COVID after he got home; he's pretty sure he got it in the Charlotte airport. Fortunately, his was was not too severe a case. Also, with vaccine availability in the "soon come" category here, it's hard to schedule anything. We'll be down as soon as we can.

User Info Menu

Totally impressed with what Jamaica has done with covid prevention measures. I just got back and had my temp taken at hotel, stores, ect and sanitization dispensers everywhere, along with lots of mask wearing. I can see why their numbers are way less then the US, especially in Negril. With the lack of tourists in Negril, what a great chance to experience Jamaica from the normal busy side. Kids and I loved it and had a blast.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The CDC is made up of humans, which for the most part has globallly gotten this pandemic wrong from the beginning. It is 10 times safer in Jamaica than the US guided CDC.

The new administration is taking 14 days to figure out the new regulations based on the suggestions of CDC. Even the new administration is not blindly believing the CDC....
    Everyone is doing their best in these troubled times and sure, mistakes have been made along the way.
    It's still best to pay attention to the guidelines.

User Info Menu

Please, please remember..... "peace, peace, perfect peace" to us is, "please help me" to a lot of Jamaican's

User Info Menu

I’m not dissing the CDC - just don’t understand why Jamaica has a for ranking, when it has a much lower Covid infection rate than other countries with lower ratings.