Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Rapid Covid testing available at the airport before departure

Administrator

User Info Menu

Rapid Covid testing available at the airport before departure

Yesterday was the first day of the USA required negative Covid tests to board outgoing flights. Only a couple Americans were unaware of the requirements and were sent back to their hotels.

Starting this weekend this will no longer be a problem. The government is setting up rapid and affordable antigen testing for US passengers.

The article in the Gleaner has more details, but is also wrong on at least one point. It says US visitors have to upload their negative test before coming to the island. This is false. That requirement was dropped long ago.

Another interesting note is stating that PCR testing at the airports will begin the second week of February. A rapid PCR test does exist but whether or not it will be approved by then is a major issue.

Here is the Gleaner article:

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/l...vid-tests-site
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Rapid Covid testing available at the airport before departure

I have read 2 different things in regard to boarding in the US to fly to JA. I have seen that we need a negative test 10 days before flying, and I have seen 5 days before flying. Can you clarify which is correct?
    thanks,

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markis View Post
    I have read 2 different things in regard to boarding in the US to fly to JA. I have seen that we need a negative test 10 days before flying, and I have seen 5 days before flying. Can you clarify which is correct?
    thanks,
    10 days is BEFORE you arrive in Jamaica. 3 days is BEFORE you board your outgoing flight...

You cannot get your travel Authorization until 5 days before traveling.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thank you Rob.