Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Status of testing ?

User Info Menu

Status of testing ?

Curious how the testing is going for tourists returning to the states
    Is here I at the one site in Negril ?
    How long has the wait been ?
    Thanks

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Status of testing ?

No one has tested positive in Negril. The Covid Resilient Corridor has been doing its job.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

That’s great news. Has the line to get tested very long ? How quick has the turnaround been. ?? Thanks.

Administrator

User Info Menu

What line? Turn around time for which test? The PCR or antigen test?

User Info Menu

Rob I would do the antigen test as I read it was less costly Was under the impression there was a place to drive up /walk up to get tested Wondering if there was a line of any length to get tested

Administrator

User Info Menu

The antigen test takes 15 minutes and costs significantly less than the PCR tests. You still need to make the appointment for the Boardwalk Shopping Village location.

You can also get tested at the airport now before your flight it takes so little time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The antigen test takes 15 minutes and costs significantly less than the PCR tests. You still need to make the appointment for the Boardwalk Shopping Village location.

You can also get tested at the airport now before your flight it takes so little time.
    Hi Rob. I'm a little confused. I thought you didn't need an appointment for the drive-
    through PCR testing at Boardwalk.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rasta Animal View Post
    Hi Rob. I'm a little confused. I thought you didn't need an appointment for the drive-
    through PCR testing at Boardwalk.
    Originally an appointment wasn't needed....but there's not as many people as they thought might come through....thus an appointment is now required.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

If someone tested in Negril and was positive would they be quarantined in Negril?
    No worries about testing at home if by some chance your positive you stay home. Don't think I would want to be quarantined in Montego Bay. Or have to stay by myself in Montego bay if the hubby tested positive.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Originally an appointment wasn't needed....but there's not as many people as they thought might come through....thus an appointment is now required.
    How do we make an appointment? Thanks.