Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Airport transportation

User Info Menu

Airport transportation

The driver who I used in the past is not a Covid approved driver, that would mean a quarantine period, correct? If so, does anyone recommend a driver for a roundtrip transfer that is approved. Also, while in Negril how can you tell who is approved for short runs in the area??

User Info Menu

Re: Airport transportation

We were faced with the same situation. The direct answer to your question is that we used Steve Positive who is a transportation supporter on this board. Steve is covid approved through JUTA. He is a good driver and a nice guy.
    That said, nowhere in the process, from travel authorization to walking out of the airport, did anyone ask how we were getting to our hotel! In retrospect, we could have used our regular driver. We arrived yesterday, so this is current information.

User Info Menu

CG1404...you can check out the transportation list on Negril.com.

Tahrheel...didn't you get asked on your Travel Authorization form that you sent in prior to arriving at the airport, which driver or company would be picking you up? I didn't think this had changed.

Lately, both Rob and I have seen roadblocks where red plated drivers were being stopped with tourists in their vehicles...making sure they're Covid Certified.
    Do not use the public red plate transportation system or a driver not on the Covid Certified list...if you don't want to possibly get stopped.

Ask your driver for his number if you'd like transportation around town...they'll be easily able to get you or send somebody they know Covid Certified.

The Covid certified drivers were set up for a reason... they're trained to keep everyone safe.

Tahrheel...very happy you're here! 😁

User Info Menu

Contact Dudley with Big Ship Tours.....

User Info Menu

Dudley is Certified..........

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kwhizz View Post
    Dudley is Certified..........
    Yes he is! That is why his name was not removed for verification. He as are all JUTA drivers JTB certified!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    CG1404...you can check out the transportation list on Negril.com.

Tahrheel...didn't you get asked on your Travel Authorization form that you sent in prior to arriving at the airport, which driver or company would be picking you up? I didn't think this had changed.

Lately, both Rob and I have seen roadblocks where red plated drivers were being stopped with tourists in their vehicles...making sure they're Covid Certified.
    Do not use the public red plate transportation system or a driver not on the Covid Certified list...if you don't want to possibly get stopped.

Ask your driver for his number if you'd like transportation around town...they'll be easily able to get you or send somebody they know Covid Certified.

The Covid certified drivers were set up for a reason... they're trained to keep everyone safe.

Tahrheel...very happy you're here! ��
    No, the travel authorization did not ask about transportation. They did ask about hotel. And we are happy that we are here!

User Info Menu

Luxurious Carib always works for me and is certified too!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Luxurious Carib always works for me and is certified too!
    I 2nd Luxurious Carib Tours. Andre is great! luxuriouscaribtours@gmail.com, 876-798-8382

User Info Menu

They are not asking questions regarding your airport transportation.