Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Covid Negril Question (Surprise, Surprise)

User Info Menu

Re: Covid Negril Question (Surprise, Surprise)

Quote Originally Posted by sandytoes View Post
    I say don't let fear take over your desires and wishes! Mask up and GO!

I was in Jamaica in June 2020, just 2 weeks after the border reopened. Airport arrival and protocols were not an issue. The beach was practically empty; sad to see. Still, I enjoyed being there seeing friends, and strolling along the beach. I did my grocery shopping as usual; mask, sanitize and temp check at the door - no issue.

I returned home to retire and headed back down for 90 days! Had the time of my life; because life is what YOU make it. I respected the protocols, and went on my way. Yes, curfew times change as positive cases rise, but I did not let that hinder me from a good time. Some restaurants and music venues were open, and as my time there progressed more places were opening up. Heading back down in April for 6 months.....or longer!

So if you have the desire to go AND you know you do, GO! Don't let fear steal your JOY!

Soon come!
    It's so nice to see someone that has not succumbed to the constant fear mongering that we have been subjected to for close to a year now. You can be cautious and live life or you can be paralyzed with fear and freak out over a virus that has a 99.5% survivability rate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

User Info Menu

You don't have to wear a mask on the beach do you?

User Info Menu

I wore a mask while making my way to the beach and bar. Once the sand gravity set in, I removed it so I could enjoy my rum punch. YUM YUM! Anytime I engaged in conversation my mask was on!

User Info Menu

I like your attitude sandytoes. I refuse to live in fear of this virus, go about my business as normally as possible while masking and using the common sense God gave me. Choosing to fear Covid and letting that fear dictate your life will not protect you from it but can affect your mental health. C'mon mnchris, I'll be there on the 27th and will buy you a drink or 2 at White Sands.

User Info Menu

It's not all about fear though, sometimes there's other circumstances due to covid beyond a person's control. For example, I can't come down because my company adopted a policy that you can't quarantine due to vacationing out of state (there's been people quarantining due to illness as it is).