Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: What's it like in late May/early June?

User Info Menu

What's it like in late May/early June?

I'm finally scheduled for the vaccine, and with that plus some other stuff on our calendar it appears that the earliest we could get there is late May to early June. We've never been down later than February, so I'm wondering what we could expect. Are many restaurants likely to be open then? Anything we should know to expect that would be different than in Jan.-Feb.? Is there a bad season for bugs, like the black fly season here?

User Info Menu

Re: What's it like in late May/early June?

Warmer than you’re used too. But not dramatically. As the vaccine spreads and travel opens up more places that are closed now will open. Things are quiet now, but by no means dead.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

I'm not sure how this year will play out...but in normal circumstances it's a favourite time of year for me.
    The weather is generally Great.
    Things slow down compared to February of course...and the odd place will close for season...many, many options are still available.
    I haven't noticed any difference in bugs that time of year...mosquitos pick up during rainy season.

User Info Menu

I’ll be there June 3-7 for a bachelor party. Group of guys all in our mid to late 30s. Looking forward to it. Hopefully JA is in a good position to loosen restrictions and reduce the curfew to at least 12. Not looking to stay out til the sun comes up but would like to be out later than the current curfew allows .