Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biracial Families

User Info Menu

Biracial Families

I hope Negril is getting more tolerant because our family gets some hostility even though hubs is from there. Not from our immediate family but from outsiders. Especially at the airport we get so much hostility. Why is it like that.

User Info Menu

Re: Biracial Families

Omar has gotten yelled at and I got harassed by anairport worker who wouldn’t let us go through.
    Last edited by BethAnn38; 02-26-2021 at 07:19 PM.

User Info Menu

Me and hubs
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Info Menu

May I ask, since your husband is from Negril what he says about it?

User Info Menu

Sure. He is funny. So non confrontational. When he gets yelled at he ignores it. I’m more sensitive to it. I find it from the women mostly. I was just curious what y’all thought. If there is a stigma there. I have been there more than 30 times. Sometimes alone. And I just cant understand the issue.

User Info Menu

It is a huge reason why I hate going to Negril. The stares.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    Sure. He is funny. So non confrontational. When he gets yelled at he ignores it. I’m more sensitive to it. I find it from the women mostly. I was just curious what y’all thought. If there is a stigma there. I have been there more than 30 times. Sometimes alone. And I just cant understand the issue.
    BethAnne...your answer is in your response to me. If we ever have the chance to meet...I'll give you more detail.

User Info Menu

Girl don't take it personal! I travel solo and the women treat me funky as well...and I'm Black!! Its not as bad now that I'm older,but when I was younger I would get ignored in restaurants and bars, the airport workers seemed to single me out for further checking! I always felt they saw women as a threat for the attention of their men and you might have got 1 of the good ones. Helpful solution......Tootsiepops! They seem to love candy and just the offer of chocolate calms many a woman down! Men take note!!!!

User Info Menu

Thank you guys for the responses! And I’m sorry that this was such a random post.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn38 View Post
    I hope Negril is getting more tolerant because our family gets some hostility even though hubs is from there. Not from our immediate family but from outsiders. Especially at the airport we get so much hostility. Why is it like that.
    I am bi-racial my father black and mother white, and I experience this in Jamaica as well as here in the US. I try not to pay any mind to it. Have been called "white girl" both here in US and Jamaica. The stares and dirty looks. I stare them down right back and smile 💁😁. My kids grandparents and great grandparents are from Jamaica.