Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 72 hour test

User Info Menu

Re: 72 hour test

Does anyone know if rapid tests are being accepted? If so, what are the requirements to have them be valid? I assume that the place providing the results must still be CLIA registered, CAP accredited, or ISO 15189 certified. Is this correct?
    Johio

User Info Menu

Maralunatic, have you checked with the airport you are departing from? Many airports including ours has have opened labs that give you almost instantaneous results. I would hope Jamaica will eliminate the CLIA certified lab restriction because many private physicians now offer the antigen test in their office. Our antigen test in Negril for our return flight was done by a private physician and was very easy.

User Info Menu

I feel the same way. I’ve been making phone calls all morning trying to find someone that will give me the antigen test. No luck in Massachusetts unless I want to lie and tell them that I’m sick I have been in contact with someone. That should speed things up. I called CVS and they informed me that they do carry the antigen test but I’m not allowed to sell it to me because I am traveling. The ledges I’m getting crowded

User Info Menu

The airport only offers saliva tests, which Jamaica won't accept. I did hear back from Visit Jamaica and yes, we have to get new tests done. My local doctor can't guarantee we'll get them in time. I have an appointment today and hopefully will have the tests back before Friday morning. I'm ready to scream!!

User Info Menu

I did email and got a response. I am ok because I arrive tomorrow. If you arrive on the 4th or after you need the test

User Info Menu

I actually received a quick response from an email to Visitjamaica.com regarding my question posted earlier.

Thank you for contacting the Jamaica Tourist Board.

We understand your concern and we are happy to assist.

Effective Thursday, March 4, 2021, all persons entering Jamaica (both Jamaicans and non-Jamaicans) will be required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR or Antigen test (which was conducted within 72 hours prior to date of travel) at check-in for their flights.

A Rapid Antigen test is acceptable for entry, turnaround time is approximately 15-30 minutes.

The test result sheet is required to have ideally all the following information below stated on it:

Name of individual tested (must be same on application and lab test result)
    Date of birth of individual tested (must be same on application and lab test result)
    Name of testing laboratory
    Indication of laboratory credentials (CLIA, ISO 15189, CAP)
    Date of sample collection
    Type of test
    Type of sample
    Test result
    If your test result is showing most or all the above information then the result should be accepted by airline representatives, you may visit our website for more information Covid-19 Test Requirements and you may also contact your airline; they would advise you further.

N.B. the Travel Support Team is not authorized to review a Covid-19 test result.
    Johio

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Johio View Post
    I actually received a quick response from an email to Visitjamaica.com regarding my question posted earlier.

Thank you for contacting the Jamaica Tourist Board.

We understand your concern and we are happy to assist.

Effective Thursday, March 4, 2021, all persons entering Jamaica (both Jamaicans and non-Jamaicans) will be required to present a negative COVID-19 PCR or Antigen test (which was conducted within 72 hours prior to date of travel) at check-in for their flights.

A Rapid Antigen test is acceptable for entry, turnaround time is approximately 15-30 minutes.

The test result sheet is required to have ideally all the following information below stated on it:

Name of individual tested (must be same on application and lab test result)
    Date of birth of individual tested (must be same on application and lab test result)
    Name of testing laboratory
    Indication of laboratory credentials (CLIA, ISO 15189, CAP)
    Date of sample collection
    Type of test
    Type of sample
    Test result
    If your test result is showing most or all the above information then the result should be accepted by airline representatives, you may visit our website for more information Covid-19 Test Requirements and you may also contact your airline; they would advise you further.

N.B. the Travel Support Team is not authorized to review a Covid-19 test result.
    Great information! Thanks for sharing!
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)

User Info Menu

Got an appointment at a CVS and results should be back in 1-2 days. My fingers are crossed and the lucky rabbit foot is out....