Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 72 hour test

User Info Menu

72 hour test

Just heard it’s now 72 hours in and out of Jamaica

User Info Menu

Re: 72 hour test

Yes, it's no longer 10 days...it's now 72 hours for a negative ANTIGEN test to enter Jamaica.

As of this moment...visitjamaica.com has not updated their website.

Here's a link to a informational media release...
    http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...e?profile=1228

User Info Menu

Antigen tests are different from a PCR test. It is not as trustworthy but better than nothing. You can have results of an antigen test within 15min. A PCR takes about 48h these days, depending on your area.

User Info Menu

We went to get our covid testing and received it back and now we need another one? I live in a rural area so I don't know if I can get a test back before that time!!!!! Are they letting people in who already had the test 10 days out??

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Maralunatic View Post
    We went to get our covid testing and received it back and now we need another one? I live in a rural area so I don't know if I can get a test back before that time!!!!! Are they letting people in who already had the test 10 days out??
    Maralunatic...they are still showing 10 days on the Visitjamaica website.
    Please contact Visitjamaica.com with your question...they're really good at responding quickly.
    https://www.visitjamaica.com/travelauthorization/

User Info Menu

I'm going to fill out the form and contact them.
    Last edited by Maralunatic; 03-01-2021 at 07:59 AM. Reason: not needed

User Info Menu

For All travelling soon...
    The new rules are to be implemented as of March 4th, 2021.

User Info Menu

It's my understanding that the Antigen test doesn't give as reliable results as the PCR test, but you get you results in a few minutes rather than a couple of days. We're were going to do the PCR test for our March trip when it was a 10 day window. Now we'll probably go for the Antigen test so we can file for travel authorization as soon as possible.
    Johio

User Info Menu

My travel authorization states that I needed to have a covid test at the earliest date of 2/24, which is what we did. I have an email in to the Visit Jamaica site, so I guess we just wait for an answer from them. Hopefully they get back to me soon. I can schedule another antigen test, but I have no guarantee they will get the results back in time...
    This has been the most stressful planning I've ever had to go through!

User Info Menu

I sent an email earlier this morning to VisitJamaica, but still haven't heard anything back regarding whether our testing will be valid. I'm really starting to freak out! No-one I've called can guarantee test results back within the 72 hour window...I may need to be talked off a ledge!