Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New covid testing requirements before arriving

User Info Menu

Re: New covid testing requirements before arriving

Quote Originally Posted by deanna View Post
    Planning my trip for May... are the antigen test easy to get in town or should I wait to go to the airport before my flight back to the US? The price is still $50? All sounds so crazy to me I’ve recovered from Covid and I will be vaccinated by the time I arrive in May... with so many vaccinations being done I wonder if vaccination proof Will be required for travel???
    Deanna...you can do either or... I Doc at the Boardwalk Shopping Village (plaza) is very accessible.
    Getting it done at the airport is also super easy...but personally I'd get it done here in Negril because I'd want to quarantine here (if positive) not in Montego Bay.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 03-26-2021 at 01:04 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Marie View Post
    My husband and I were fully vaccinated when we came 2 weeks ago. Still had to be tested. I think it will eventually be waived. It might be an incentive to get more people vaccinated.
    I’m hoping so too! Traveling was one of my main incentives to get vaccinated!
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Deanna...you can do either or... I Doc at the Boardwalk Shopping Village (plaza) is very accessible.
    Getting it done at the airport is also super easy...but personally I'd get it done here in Negril because I'd want to quarantine here not in Montego Bay.
    Me too Lisa. We are both vaccinated but you never know. See you guys in 28 days!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Getting it done at the airport is also super easy...but personally I'd get it done here in Negril because I'd want to quarantine here (if positive) not in Montego Bay.
    thank you for the info that’s exactly what I was speculating... so much easier in town because anything can go wrong at the airport����*♀️ Woot woot... can’t wait to return!
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)

User Info Menu

What are the requirements for entering Jamaica if we are fully vaccinated ? We hope to be coming in June but pending shoulder surgery may force us to wait until December.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flhrbill View Post
    What are the requirements for entering Jamaica if we are fully vaccinated ? We hope to be coming in June but pending shoulder surgery may force us to wait until December.
    The vaccine is making no changes in the requirements at the present time. From the Visitjamaica.com website:

**** IMPORTANT ****

All travellers who are 12 years of age or over, will be required to present a COVID-19 PCR or Antigen test that has been authorized by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) or meets the standards of the World Health Organisation (WHO), to the airline representative at check in. The date of the test sample collection must be less than 3 days from the date of travel.

A negative test result must be presented in order to complete check in for a flight.

https://travelauth.visitjamaica.com/
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Just had mine done at Coca La Palm for $50, no waiting, just walked in. Open 9-5 Mon-Fri

User Info Menu

When you go to the CoCo location for your test...... Remember to bring your Passport with as it is required........ also the Test people are off property between noon and 3pm......