Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: New Protocols / Travel Authorization

Sponsor

User Info Menu

New Protocols / Travel Authorization

I just got back a response from The Jamaica Tourism web site @ 8am today. "Please note there has been some adjustment to our protocols. The new measure will come into effect on MARCH 10 2021. Therefore, a test done on March 1st can be used for March 5th." (this pertains to MY travel dates)
    So it seems they have moved the new date to March 10 2021 in relation to the 72 hours Covid testing. FYI .
    I have made a copy of the email & will bring it with me just in case.
    I sent my email last night @ 9pm and got this response today @ 8am.

User Info Menu

Re: New Protocols / Travel Authorization

Holy cow! Is this true? I've got another Covid test scheduled today, so I'm thinking that I can cancel that and be okay with the test we did on the 24th for travel on the 5th?!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Maralunatic View Post
    Holy cow! Is this true? I've got another Covid test scheduled today, so I'm thinking that I can cancel that and be okay with the test we did on the 24th for travel on the 5th?!
    They just updated the Visitjamaica.com website again to reflect the new March 10th date. 👍

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Maraiunatic, same here I was going to get (another) test today & then the email came -- Email the Jamaica Tourist board with your dates and see !!!!

User Info Menu

RichieB, my dates are good! What a relief! I was afraid I might have to cancel! We'll see you on the beach

I don't have to email them though do I?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Maralunatic View Post
    RichieB, my dates are good! What a relief! I was afraid I might have to cancel! We'll see you on the beach

I don't have to email them though do I?
    The dates were changed on visitjamaica.com as of this morning...no need to email them...unless you feel the need for further confirmation.