Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Oh no.

User Info Menu

Re: Oh no.

A "three week" countdown is mentioned in the article; threatening a lock down if things don't improve in that time. When did the countdown begin? We are due to arrive in 10 days!
    Johio

Administrator

User Info Menu

This would be a last result move. Imported cases, results from our visitors are very small.

The gatherings at funerals and weddings are big spreaders as are the huge "hidden, word of WhatsApp" parties... the kids feel as invincible as we did at their age....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

when we were there around valentines one evening we saw a huge party on the early part of west end road across from the water in some type of makeshift area. we were told that is some some type of party like that each day of the week in different spots . never seen that type of thing before .

User Info Menu

Just a shame. The US state where I live is about the same as JA in terms of population and cases are dropping sharply but we also have more access to a vaccine . In fact I got mine last week. I’m still going to hold off on making a decision on our June vacation and see how this plays out.

User Info Menu

A friend flew in from the States yesterday and said there was not one health check, no temperatures taken and no one asked where he was going and not once did anyone say he had to isolate for 14 days. He is going to isolate because it's the responsible thing to do. When we landed in November we had to stop at a health care desk where temps were taken and we were given a form to record temps twice a day. We also had to go through a desk where the military asked where we were staying and categorized in accordance to the health directives. Mr. Holness can talk the talk about parties but what happened to the waves of protection for the visitors landing? He needs to step up as well. Why shut the country down when the visitors are being the responsible ones?

User Info Menu

According to the Ministry of Health, based on the now 32.6 per cent infection rate, four in every 10 people are carrying the virus.

Is this accurate? 4 out of 10 people? (Quoted from the above link)

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanCurrys View Post
    According to the Ministry of Health, based on the now 32.6 per cent infection rate, four in every 10 people are carrying the virus.

Is this accurate? 4 out of 10 people? (Quoted from the above link)
    With the way percentages work, it would be 3.2 persons out of every 10. Apparently they rounded up.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Since there are no real random testing taking place, the majority of those being tested are already showing symptoms.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    With the way percentages work, it would be 3.2 persons out of every 10. Apparently they rounded up.
    Well I think they mean 3.2 people per 10 tested. I highly doubt that 32% of the whole population is infected (which would be a million people).