Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: List your favorite Negril security guards with a little memory of each .....

User Info Menu

List your favorite Negril security guards with a little memory of each .....

A great security guard can be the difference between a good stay and a bad one, depending on the hotel.

The two best in Negril, or at least MY two favorites, are Michael from Bar B Barn and Rambo from Sea Star.

Michael has been at BBB for a long time, and he is very loyal -- not just to the hotel but to the guests. I remember my first stay at Bar B Barn, he told me i didn't even have to worry about putting my stuff in a safe because nothing had ever been taken from a room! He was THAT confident.

Rambo is just a really nice who happens to be built like professional wrestler. He works the night shift, and when you pull up to the hotel at 4 a.m. or so, he is right there to open the gate every time .....

User Info Menu

My favorite is Ralston at Grand Pineapple.

User Info Menu

there is/was a guy called '.Flash.' at Negril Beach Club Condos
    ...one of the GOOD-GOOD security guards

As some of you know,
    mi-personally catch HolyHell from those Negril toy-cop security guard-peoples
    ...for-me, the WORST-of-the WORST are those from the Guardsman company
    ...those Guardsman folks are a trip...!!!.. You's WON'T believe how they treat me.

because i'm a Black male,
    and when-ever i take a long-long trip
    ..after a few-weeks or so
    ...i *tend* to *blend-in*
    ...until i open my mouth

*they* ---the evil security-peoples--- *think* i'm Jamaican,
    ergo:::>> i get chased away from the properties
    and/or get asked a bunch of silly questions
    ...forced to jump-through all kinds of hoops
    or get-treated *differently* than most-tourist-types are treated

anyhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

over the past MANY-years,
    the ONLY security-person to treat me decent-ly & properly has-been '.Flash.'
    at Negril BeachClubCondos
    be hapPpy

User Info Menu

I think Michael from Legends is very good at his job, the best I have seen and one time when I was feeling really miserable at the bar after 8 days of non stop rain (that is not what bothered me) listening to cheesy old britpop music(this is what bothered me) same old cheesy britpop old chart music over and over and over again and no matter how often I asked they would not change it.It got really depressing.I flew all that way to get away from garbage music and wanted to hear some Jamaican music.
    Michael as well as doing a really good job there then came to my rescue and let me use his mp3 player loaded with some really excellent latest reggae and dancehall music.I was jamming at the bar then!Shame I had to sit with earphones in my ears in Jamaica though to be able to hear a bit of Jamaican music.
    I gave him some rechargable batteries.It was very kind of him to loan me the player.
    No hassle at all if Michael is on duty.

User Info Menu

My Faves are Errol and Shine from Nirvana on the beach. Shine is the night watchman and has worked there for many years. Really nice guy. He gave us both gifts when we left last year. HE gave us GIFTS, not the other way around.

And Errol is the day security. I like his calm manner. He is gentle with the beach vendors and will be sure they don't charge to much for what you are buying. They seem to like him as well.

User Info Menu

Santa, Marcus and Michael at Blue Cave Castle---Marcus helping me up those dang stairs to my room when I "over-indulged"....
    " Ones destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things." (Henry Miller)

User Info Menu

I agree with TicToc. Michael from Legend's is awesome. Stayed there my first trip to JA and he went above and beyond the call of duty. He arranged for a few different tours for us and actually got us some great deals. He was present 6 days a week and always with a smile on his face.

User Info Menu

My favorite guard is an older gentleman at Coco La Palm. I dont remember his name but he is a lovely man. Also like Everton at Sea Star. Great guy.
    Gotta say, i love the shepard dog at Charela. Wow! impressive and beautiful.

User Info Menu

my favorite is Mr Campbell at Bar B Barn

i call him "daddy"

i first met him years ago when he was the security guard at Grand Lido

he watched me and my friend's coming and goings - i had to remind him several times that i had been coming to jamaica for years and refused to be "trapped" in the all inclusive

he warned us about taxis, got worried if we stayed out to late, asked us where we were headed

and we started calling him Daddy - lol

years later and much to my surprise - he turned up at BBB

i saw him and said "Daddy"

when he saw who i was - we both bent over with laughter

he is usually there at night - and i sleep good knowing Daddy is watching over the place

User Info Menu

Smith, you beat me to it. Flash at the Beach Club is really a pro. He's a true professional... polite, helpful, never gets riled, nasty, or on a power trip. He's just a good guy, a gentleman. Flash has been there for some time. He was there in the summer. Looking forward to seeing him again in February.