Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Covid testing after March 22.

User Info Menu

Covid testing after March 22.

I understand the current 72 hr order ends 3/22. What are the requirements after 3/22. I contacted visitjamaica and just got a copy of the current order. Help please.
    Edited to add: There response to my followup was prepare for the order to be extended.

User Info Menu

Re: Covid testing after March 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Babalew View Post
    I understand the current 72 hr order ends 3/22. What are the requirements after 3/22. I contacted visitjamaica and just got a copy of the current order. Help please.
    Edited to add: There response to my followup was prepare for the order to be extended.
    My advise would be to prepare for the extension. They have done a pretty good job notifying visitors of changes within 7 days of changing, and in my case (travelled here last week), they grandfathered my trip based on the previous requirements.

I don't think they will reduce the window to anything less than 72 hrs, and if they do, that next step would be to close the borders, but I do not see that happening by 3/22.

User Info Menu

Re: Covid testing after March 22.

Just keep an eye on the visitjamaica.com website. Like Gabriello said, they've been giving pretty good advance notice of policy changes. I was planning on a COVID test 10 days prior. Then it changed to 72 hours. Leaving for my test in about 30 minutes!!! Soon come!!! (knock on wood)
    Johio